Maryville 17 Oak Ridge 14

REBELRON

Hey boyz!

Are you calling me Richard as an euphemism, or do you think my name is Richard?

Grasshoppers is what they called it when my boyz played up North. But yes, you are correct Pee Wee's I guess is the appropriate term. Although looking at him now...Pee Wee is far from the truth!

Don't bet the house on GQ leaving, if I were a gamblin' girl, of which I have told you I am not, this is the last year for Quarles and company! Look for a young new coach to take the helm after this season... maybe named, uhhhh, Mike White!

Remember my prediction, Phelps by Friday..., well I just missed which Friday it was. What I am hearing up on Nebo Mountain is that GQ is heading for greener pastures. I am just not sure which pasture yet!

Starz...where have you been luv? I have missed you so dearly and yearn to have your strong arms (among other things) around me once again!

Anybody heard anything from the Tornados, Governors or Mountaineers?

Love you boyz!

:justwrestle:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little suz, I read in the Maryville Misprint that Bill Dunlap and his "boyz" were considering closing part of Nebo Road. They mentioned all the trees down. Hopefully you will still be able to get home. Chainsaw season officially starts Oct. 31 on the mountain. The Co-op is stockin' up.

The Maryville D played well. And susie you are right, we would have been in trouble without them. Of course I think any team would be in trouble without a defense. The best I can figure with 11 men on offense goin' against air, then the best you could hope for would be a tie, if your offense scored everytime. However, I saw one team last year that had an offense and air would have really given them some problems.

As far as GQ goes, with all the money we "make" at MHS, that will have to be some pasture. Maybe it will be a big pasture full of, as they say on the mountain, "alfalfee." Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey boyz!

Yeah starz, it is gonna be hard getting back to the home place if they close that road.

Whomever were you alluding to, when you said they couldn't score on air?

MLReb, Bobby says hey, along with Goober, Andy, and Barn.

The pasture is greener already from all of this dang rain, but I don't know if it is bigger or not.

Starz you are so clever! You guyz haven't "made" any money up there since the 0-4 start have you?

Love you boyz

:justwrestle:

Little suz, take a guess on that team.

The "alfalfee pasture" after "all of this dang rain" should be greener, taller, and bigger. Pastures have a way of gettin' "bigger" when those Nebo folks saw all the trees down around the end of October. The latest satellite photos show the forests of Blount county declining and the "pastures" gettin' "bigger" in the Nebo mountain area of Blount county. Scientists say the clear cutting of Nebo reminds them of what happened to the Amazon rain forests. All of those "bigger" pastures have probably messed up the eco system of Blount county. I guess that explains "all of this dang rain."

We still have the capabilities to "make" whatever we deem necessary. Funny how things have changed, since that 0-4 start and Heritage's 4-0 start. I believe Heritage has won 2 games since then and Maryville has lost one since then. Interesting. Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Well...that would not be accurate. Maryville's Varsity beat OR 2-0 plus a field goal. OR JV & 2nd string varsity (my son is 23 who scored the first OR touchdown, he is varsity, not JV) beat Maryville JV 2-0. Overall it was 2-2 with a Maryville fieldgoal. Our players were slightly mistaken. From a fan's standpoint, I don't see how a highschool scrimmage could get much better than what transpired on Friday night.

Maryville first team scored once on a pass interception and once on a one yard dive by Chris McCord. Oak Ridge never scored on Maryville's 1st or 2nd team defense. Maryville also kicked a field goal. One of Maryvilles receivers dropped a touchdown pass that he should have caught. Maryville quarterbacks over threw one of the receivers twice after he had gotten behind the safety.

Corey Booker had some nice runs, but they were a result in large part to poor tackling by Maryvilles defensive tackles and linebackers. On most of those runs he was hit more than once either in the backfield or the line of scrimmage. I give Booker credit he was running hard, but look for that sort of tackling to be corrected in a hurry in practice this week.

Oak Ridge's JV Scored twice on Maryville's JV

Scores then: Starters and 2nd string

Maryville - 17

Oak Ridge -0

JV

Oakridge - 14

Maryville - 0

Thats the Facts.

Thanks for the scrimmage report Neil!

Sounds like the Wildcats are working hard and doing a great job. From what I've read in the Oak Ridger's online articles the OL and DL are the biggest question marks...do you think the OL and DL have made improvement since the start of practice? Also, how is Josh Schneider doing? I used to work with his Mom and I hope he has a great season.

Good job again on the scrimmage report and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the upcoming Bearden scrimmage. Best of luck to your kid.

~~Go Wildcats --- Hixson and Oak Ridge,

Steve

I know I'm going to get killed, ....but Reb Fans, I too attended the OR scrimmage and I have to be honest, Corey Booker ran all over the linebacker corp. As much as I hate to say it, coach G needs to look hard at this group. Fundamentally, the LB's were out of position and really didn’t hit like groups of the last few years. The speed is there but the nose for the ball and hitting ability was not there. The reads were slow, wrong, and Booker was only slowed by the good play of the secondary. I know it is early but I have real concerns about this group of kids. I also know they have worked hard as have the rest of the team, but this contest is nothing to hang "Our" hat on. OR's offence was below par for this program, except for Booker. Mediocre performance by the reb D, in my view. The O was beginning to work and I think Roush had an off game. Cade played with more poise, a good performance. I hope to see a better performance by the D at DB friday.

Probably some truth in what you said flyinpro. But Parnell did not play and Valentine and Tallent (the starters in the O.R. scrimmage, along with Hannan) are only sophomores. Those sophomores aren't going to be immediately as good as those 3 seniors who started last year. But I, like you, will look for improvement. Go Rebs.