WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wish BA and Franklin played, and I agree it would be a tight game. But since they don't, all we'll have are opinions. But knowing us, we'll have plenty of those!!!

My vote goes to Brentwood Academy -- yes because I'm an alum of BA, but also because I think they're the best in the county and possibly the best in Tennessee.

That stat helps what? Who knows at this point who is the best team? Frankly, it isn't important at this stage. They all are works in progress. Check what each team did by the end of the season, how did they improve or progress, how did they overcome injuries-then tell me who MIGHT be the best. Since they all don't play each other on a round-robin basis, you will never be able to tell.

FHS is absolutely right. Last year's results are simply that... last year's results. Last year, BA was better than Brentwood, and Brentwood was better than Franklin. This year there won't be a BA game against either team, so you can't really tell, except by comparing scores against the same teams, and that never works either.

BA is the best team, plain and simple... Franklin has a lot of potential but could still stumble against Brentwood because of the whole mental factor... the Bruins are in Franklin's head and have been for much of the last four or five years... it will take no injuries and some gutty play by the Rebels to break that jinx...

I've seen every single team in the county, and BA has the most talent and is the deepest at every position... now, will they win it this year? Who's to say... MBA has quite a collection of talent hanging out off West End this year, too... so, we'll see...

Alrighty folks, I'll go ahead and break out my preseason Williamson County rankings...

1)Brentwood Academy

2)Franklin

3)Brentwood

4)Battle Ground Academy

5)Centennial

6)Page

7)Fairview

8)Ravenwood

Brentwood Academy heads the list right now because I believe they are the most talented and stand a terrific chance at D2 success this year. Franklin is loaded with skilled players, and should compete for a region title this year with Brentwood, who at #3 has to prove it can overcome the loss of QB Austen Everson before I will rank it higher. BGA and Centennial are basically even, but I'll give the edge to Battle Ground based upon talent and coaching. Page and Fairview will be competitive this year, with the Yellow Jackets potentially struggling after the loss of workhorse HB Aaron Cothran. Ravenwood will learn a lot in its first varsity season, and should gain valuable experience under veteran coach Jack Daniels, who for some reason doesn't coach at Moore County. :P

Edited by WesVols

Centennial over BGA... you'll see. Coach Gregory has finally gotten his boys to win, they won't want to stop anytime soon. Look for them to make a serious challenge to Brentwood and Franklin in the region this season just as they did last year. BGA is good. Don't get me wrong. Williamson County is good. When your fifth best team in your county is perhaps the best team in D-II, AA, that says a lot.