SHS O line

shslineman

• 3 weeks later...

yes, Justin James was a player at Oakland a year or two ago, but he was kicked off...so he went to Siegel...he has no heart...dont expect him to anything this year or any other year for that matter, but i do know of two decent former Oakland lineman that are at Siegel...Bruce Shepard and Dustin Parkhurst...Bruce is quick and reliable and probably a big part of Siegel's team, Dustin Parkhurst was a good player, strong too..not sure on his elijibility, but watch for these two. GO OAKLAND! :o

Guest region4fan

Hold up, wasn't Parkhurst in the Oakland program and listed on oakland's roster?? I am thinking he went thru camp with them. How in the world could he possibly be eligible at Siegel? watson is playing with fire.

I dont think the o-line is very good right now. I was reading in the paper that they are young. That is what you should expect from a first year school. Coach Watson will get the o-line a lot better. I was coached by him my junior and senior year. I came in not knowing nothing about being an offensive tackle into making all-state my senior year. Expect some good things from the o-line late in the year or within the next couple of years.

It is my understanding that Siegel has alot of Blackman and Oakland transfers. The Stars offensive line was able to give their freshman quarterback some time to throw this past weekend against Coffee County.

Siegel is very young and I think they will still be good this year. They are ranked in the middle of Class 5A right now. In the next year or so, Siegel could join the other Murfreesboro high schools as being a very deadly force in their region. It could even get to where Murfreesboro will own Region 4-5A.

Guest region4fan

Yes Siegel will be fine. They got 17 of Oakland's players which is why the roster for Oakland is so slight. I still don't understand why they would build a new high school within 3 miles of another one....even if the land was free.

By the way....shslineman...why did you post this? Obviously you are a lineman from Siegel. Shouldn't you know what kind of line they have??? Maybe you are the James kid trying to get kudos for yourself? I noticed awhile back that someone else was asking about the same kid and bragging about him?????I just checked your posts and it was YOU asking about Justin James before.HMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by region4fan

By the way....shslineman...why did you post this? Obviously you are a lineman from Siegel. Shouldn't you know what kind of line they have??? Maybe you are the James kid trying to get kudos for yourself? I noticed awhile back that someone else was asking about the same kid and bragging about him?????I just checked your posts and it was YOU asking about Justin James before.HMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh well, give 'em a break. My first impression from listening to last Friday night's game was that Coffee County would shut out Siegel. They scored 19 points. One of their touchdowns was one where they had to march down to field to get it. Another one they were assisted by a 15-yard personal foul call that put them near the red zone. And if I recall, Siegel's defense recovered a fumble deep in Coffee County territory that led to a touchdown?? I think?

Siegel's problem was that they had a hard time catching the ball. The Stars O-Line seemed to do a decent job for a young O-Line. However, it is Siegel's Defensive line that looked horrible Friday night. You consider the fact that they never stopped Jake Nunley who is a Jr and Red Raider Offensive Line is comprised of all sophomores except for one senior runningback who rotates in on certain plays. And the senior QB is out for the season and he was filled in by a sophomore named Nicky Hibdon!

Still, Coffee County's young O-Line opened the way for Hibdon to throw 3-10 for 54 yards, but what was worse was how Coffee pounded the Stars on the ground--459 yards on the ground!! And over half of that was from Jake Nunley!

Siegel is still an unknown. Mainly because people don't know whether or not Coffee County is for real. If that's the case, than Siegel could be pretty good too.

siegle offensive line is kind of small.. their offensive line did ok on giving the QB time.. there defense did horrible.. they had no pressure on the QB at all.. when they start getting into region play and play against soem of the teams that have big lines they will get killed on the line... i think they need to get a bigger line or atleast strong line if they want to compete.. they're still a first year team but wait for them in a couple of years to turn lots of heads.. being a boro team i think they'll be exspected to win in a couple of years... :lol:

Coffee Co. has a junior center and a senior tight end The rest of the line is sophmore. But that is the best thing about the Wing -T; misdirection, small splits, roll out throwing game (except for the shot gun look CCHS uses) it gives this young line that had no 1 starter with varsity o-line game experience, time to gel. Nunley running the ball helps them out quite a bit too. Good luck Friday vs the Cavs.