WHO WILL BE THE TEAM TO KNOCK OFF MARYVILLE IN 4A

ridgeway03

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my turn now! I don't think you can write Carter off next Saturday. Maryville better not over look Carter because if you remember 2 years ago, Carter beat Fulton and Fulton was supposed to kick Carter's butt. I know most of you are going to say, "But that's Fulton" The only thing I'm saying is Maryville better not over look Carter. This game could be an eye opener for some. In my opinion now this is my opinion, Carter will play Maryville tuff and could Key word, could, sneak out with a victory.

You are right, you can't write off Carter this soon. Somebody once told me that you don't want to play Carter early in the season, because they still "think" that they are good. If you catch them late in the season they already know they are bad. I do have to add though, they pulled out a week 10 victory against Halls last year to make the playoffs. So who knows what will be brewing in the hornet's nest.

If Maryville gets knocked off it will be early. But.... I doubt their coaching staff will allow any let downs. Their O-line must continue to gel. Their defense must play consistent. Everything else is pretty much the same. Central has the team to beat them early /late /playoffs, but......Maryville will give them trouble because of what Central does defensively. Their defense is relentless. Sometimes relentlessness can put you in bad situation. Point to fact AE scrimmage. AE did not use any of their spread packages in the scrimmage vs. Central. AE knew going in they were going to stunt and hit every gap. When asked why din't he run the spread to loosen up the defense or the screen packages he uses. "He said he does not play Central in a game. A scrimmage is to work on things. And when we (AE) scrimmage Central it is about are you tougher than I am." He said he doesn't scrimmage Central because of what they do to prepare his team for a similiar type team. Because no one they (AE) play does what they (Central) do or is as good doing it on defense. Stevens says he scrimmages Central each year because they are not scared of the name Austin East and they do what it takes to win. They try to punk AE each year. That is the only reason why. AE doesn't game plan the days before the scrimmage for Central. (They did vs. Maryville, they did vs. beardan and Karns. Matter of fact they practiced before they went to Central to scrimmage. Maryville however will game plan for the Central O and D. Maryville can complete the deep ball. Maryville will be in the shotgun. Maryville will run screens. But I can say that Central offense is much more fluid than years past. They looked very impressive.

Edited by boorelly

I don't think Maryville will have a loss until the Central game. M'town West will give them a good game, but I think M'ville wins that one. The game with Central is late in the year, which is an advantage for Maryville. If they played early in the year like they used to, Central wins. Central's advantage is the game is at home and they believe they can play with Maryville this year. But this is all just talk, injuries, especially at key positions, could change the whole outlook. But if everyone stays healthy, Central by 3.

The Southerners do not have the talent we had last year. Walland beat us 4-1 in a scrimmage last night. They are the best I have seen them. We were very flat. I think our kids were kind of shell shocked by Walland's aggressiveness and never recovered.

Our nines are really good. We will be decent. We should make it to the Super Bowl.

GO REBELS!!!!!

Since all of the tallk is on the Central vs. Maryville game, I made some calls and did some research. Maryville will play at Central on October 24, and the game will be televised live on Comcast cable. This is one that you won't want to miss. If you can't make it to Fountain City, you better be a subscriber to Comcast cable. If it is anything like the thriller last year, you won't be disappointed!

You know, if I was a coach at Carter I think this would qualify as "bulletin board" material. I've yet to see "tradition" win a football game. I just got off the phone with my friends in Vegas and the early line on their first game is Maryville by a field goal. That's a bit surprising to me since the game is at Maryville. Any good spots to tailgate out there? Preferably a nice spot in the shade for myself, JP, and BMorgan to enjoy some refreshments and set up our tables to sell Central state champ t-shirts.

Might as well sell Those State Champ T Shirts in August. Cause in December Central is never around. ;)