Language used playing sports and football

behappy229

I recently went to a practice of a team and the language was so bad I left. The coaches should have more controll of a team than to let kids talk so bad . And the coaches should learn to talk to the kids in the way they would teach a class in a classroom. I know some kids talk very bad when they have things happen that they don't like but the adult should show a mature way for the kids to learn how to handle things that are bad in life. I recently heard a person say Teachers teach kids by patience,understanding and will lots of good things to say. A child cannot learn from yelling and cussing or showing a temper from something not right in life. I feel these are right and this is getting to be a problem when you see coaches not correcting kids from having temper problems and using foul language playing sports.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with some of your points that talk about the coaches teaching the players not to cuss, and the coachesnot cussing either, but i feel that a football coach needs to show some of his temper or it would not be the competitive sport that it is, and i think players learn from this and i do not think it is all that bad when a coach loses his cool over a player who is not giving the effort, or who is not living up to the potential that he has.

I will agree to a certain extent...the language that players use is at an all-time high. I can't say much, because I have been known to use colorful language at times myself, just not so often.

However, I don't think the coaches should have to curtail their occassional flourishes that are used to get their point across. I don't think that the practice field is the only place the players hear the language. All they have to do is turn on a radio or TV, or some of their parents and they hear it.

I am a firm believer in "do as I say, not as I do." Everyone loves to blame their behavior on someone or something. That's bulls**t....oops, sorry about that.

I remember last year after we beat Perry Co their coach was cussing at all of the players telling them that he's not their daddy but he'd kick their butt(but he said a different word) and that he would do it to their parents also. And at the East/West game this year the West's coaches were cussing like crazy. I don't see any need for this in high school football. In my four years of playing football in high school I only heard two cuss words from coaches ever and both times the coaches apoligized for it. I guess some coaches just think they have to cuss to sound mean and serious. I respect my coaches a lot though for never using bad language. :angry:

What's said on the gridiron should stay there! This isn't tiddlywinks! If the language gets to bad the officials will handle it! As far as Coaches go, I've been around more than most and I've heard a few slip with some colorful adjectives but overall it's kept to a minimum and they usually get on their players when they hear the words fly. I personally don't think it's an epidemic like you guys are putting on. Overall kids are good and that's the way Ilike to look at it! :angry:

I think the foul language should be kept to a minimum on the football field. Yes players and coaches are going to vent some frustration from time to time and the four letter words are going to be heard. But overall players and coaches dont need to be using them every other word. Refs try to control the language, but they arent going to throw a personal foul on it unless a player is just going on a cussing spree. Football is a violent sport so violent words are going to be said though.

i don't know what it is about sports that makes people think they have to cuss like a sailor. i remember when i played, there were guys that i had never heard use a single expletive until they were on the field. and hearing a coach spout off profanities doesn't fire me up in the least. quite the contrary actually. i've always heard that those who cuss a lot are the one's without much of a vocabulary to speak of...when they don't know what to say, they just use a four letter word.

There is nothing wrong with cussin on the field. They are just words. I like to hear a coach cuss, it gets me alot more fired up then some coach tell me to go beat the poop out of them. When a coach cusses in the huddle it makes them seem more down to earth. It makes me feel like I am on the field, not the classroom.

You have a serious problem if u need to hear your coach cuss to get fired up. A real football player wuldnt need to hear that to get fired up to play. Your coach cussing doesnt make him down to earth, it just shows how low of a peson he is.