Page @ Grundy

DeeOne

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a good game Page is I think picked to finish second in Region 5-3A to a very good Marshall County team. I understand Page's Quarterback Jared Elliott (6-5, 215) is a very good college prospect. He earned All-State honors last year I may driver over to check the game out if the weather is good!

How many people does Grundy have back? Or is this another team living off last year. Besides 3a in that area compares to what? What do they have for THIS YEAR???

Grundy has I think around 30-35 players maybe more. It really isn't that hard for Grundy Co. to win the Region its them and maybe Howard and everyone else!

Page wont have alot of depth it doesn't seem, but the kids they've got play hard and run decent. Elliot is the real deal it seems. He ran really well in the jamboree and didn't have much help in the passing game, but he's obviously a player. I dont know much about Grundy, but Page wont be a pushover for anyone this year.

I can tell you from being in their region.....Page is extremely talented but not very well coached. They have great athletes and great size, but the team lacks heart in the closing minutes and the coaching is questionable. We beat them the last two years in a row and probably should have lost both games. Our kids' determination and heart made the difference.

They were predicted to finish first in our region last year, but they finished 4-6 and didn't make the playoffs. They clearly had to the talent to win, but there is just something about Page where they can't quite meet expectations.

With all that said, I still think they beat Grundy by a FG!

Are you kidding? Elliott is average at best... a good arm and good size, but he plays at Page, where they don't know how to use him correctly... that, and he doesn't have a lot in the way of receivers... and don't believe everything you read about them finishing second in their region... it historically is a weak region beyond the top two teams, so finishing second will basically mean Page has to beat Marshall County...