Halls Red Devils

reddevil1

Well, I just got back from a much needed imprompt vacation. Talked with friends and parents to see how much my beloved reddevils did against Jefferson County and Webb. Sounds like the Gibbs scrimmage all over again against JC, but they didn't let Webb score on their defense (Webb returned an int for TD). Bad news is Halls didn't score either.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Someone please help me understand.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my point is this--all thru the younger rec leagues, the Halls teams at all age groups are some of the best every year. But when they get to high school, Shepard plays a close to the vest option game. Halls, in the past has had quite a bit of talent at the skill positions, yet they just keep trying to pound it down the oppositions throats. They have had the talent to spread the field and throw more than they have. If they could get some of these talented kids in space, it would create opportunites. Kids like Jake Mynatt and Chase Lobetti have plenty of speed and moves, but when a defense can stack the line, their chances are limited. Move these kids around. I hear Halls may try a new offense this year. That would be good for them. If they can get to the edges, they could be gone. But they at least have to have the illusion of a passing game.

But do they have the speed to compete with the other teams is 3-4A. It seems this region is turning faces. Halls has great tradition, but remember you have to run an offense that would be successful for your type of kids. They have not had kids with blazing speed lately so they must run what they think is the best for them. This league is getting faster and I 'm not sure the Halls gene pool is. Shepherd will run what his kids can run. He has coached long enough to know what they can and can't do. My sugguestion for all you nay sayers is to get off his back or make babies with lots more speed and athleticism.

I think Halls has switched to a split-back veer offense. This should allow them to maximize the blinding speed that all the players posses. :rolleyes: In all seriousness, Halls has never had a wealth of talented players. Yes there have been some over the years, but rarely on the same team. When they are together, then big things happen ('86, '92, '96).

Shepherd will run what his kids can run. He has coached long enough to know what they can and can't do. My sugguestion for all you nay sayers is to get off his back or make babies with lots more speed and athleticism.

I have to agree with 4A. I am not a Halls supporter, but it seems that the Halls community is ready to fire him anytime they don't have a good year. Shepard has been around football for a long time. He possesses the knowledge to do what is best for his team. The problem is the community in Halls needs to let him do his job. Get off his back and let him coach. :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with you more 1footballfan....The parents,community,and others need to chill. We play our butts off for Coach game in and game out. If thats not good enough for the community then maybe we should all just transfer to Central with the rest of the Halls players. Or better yet how bout letting Halls be an open zoned school then we could go recruit players outside of the Halls community and bring some of those boys from over the rigde to Halls and maybe some from others also.