Tullahoma vs White Co

binns37388

I say lets make the Tullahoma footbal field part of Frazier- Mchewin Park ( located

below football field ). They can put picnic tables on it and get some use out of it.

Before last nights fiasco, the Middle school had to switch their home football game

to an away game because they did not want the field played on before Fridays game. The Pop Warner League can no longer use the stadium because 10-12 year olds might tear it up. They cannot play on the practice field either. Might hurt it also.

The money spent on improving the field should benefit all of football in Tullahoma.

ITS A FOOTBALL FIELD, PLAY ON IT. Its August, the grass will grow back. Its irrigated.

I paid alot of money for my new car. But I am not going to tell my wife she can't use it or let it sit in the garage and not drive it.

If the reason the game was not finished Friday night was because the administration did not want the field messed up, it would not surprise me.

The players, coaches, officials, White County and last but not least, the great supporters of the football program have been done wrong.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to White Co. They beat Tullahoma fair and square 28-27. It was a big win for the White Co football team and a tough loss for Tullahoma. Tullahoma travels to Winchester this Friday nite to play Franklin Co, who lost a tough game to Father Ryan 20-19. This one could be interesting. Although not a Region game, its a big rivalry. Good luck to White Co against Cookeville next Friday and I hope they represent our Region well. They are a much improved team from last season.

Congratulations to the Warriors. They played an awesome game from what I saw. I didn't make it to the game friday night, but I was in White Co. saturday night. It was a huge improvement from 0-10 last year. I know its only one game, but it could play a huge role in the turn around of this team. They travel to Cookeville friday night. I think its been seven years since White Co. has beaten them, but ya better look out Cavs. Good luck Warriors. ;)

I agree with Binns White Co. made the plays when they had to and won fair and square. I blame TSSAA for not having any guidelines in place for game delays and suspended games. Both coaches wanted to do what was best for their teams and both agreed to play Sat. at White Co. Changing the subject to Tullahoma's team this year. Tullahoma will have a fight for a win every Fri. night. The coaches and most fans new coming in they lost alot of players from last years team. They do not have alot of team speed especially on defense and it was obvious as White Co. moved the ball on the ground and in the air. They are a team who has to excute at every phase to win. They are playing alot of young kids who looked inconsistent at times but the effort was their. They are also missing 3 SR. starters who hopefully will be back soon. The coaches have a history of getting the most out of their team and this year will be the most challenging year they have every had. If Tullahoma makes the playoffs it will be a great accomplishment for the players and coaches.

Well, now, from what I've read here it looks like Tullahoma really made a bad mistake by moving the game to White County just to keep from tearing up the field, grass grows back. It also rained at our game Friday night and we also have an excellent playing surface, we waited out the storm, and then restarted the game, and the field was not destroyed by a second half of play, how much can you tear up a field in one half if it's in good shape to begin with. Yeah, you will get some divits, but they can be repaired. I feel bad for the kids on Tullahoma's football team they deserved better that this.

I must also congratulate White County for their victory, they did what they had to do to win, (and I don't mean moving the game) The team that is behind always has the advantage when a game is postponed until the next day after it has already started, unless they are completely getting blown out, they have nothing to lose, can go back and study the film of the first half and try to make adjustments which they know they have to do to win because if they are behind at the half then what they were doing in the first half must not have been working, and can throw out all the stops, while the team that is ahead had the tendency to have the attitude of lets get this over with, and does not play with the same intensity as before, maybe not every time, but it happens more than not.