Tullahoma vs White Co

binns37388

Ain't a member of a "Country Club" and don't play golf. Still, that has nothing to do wih your coach not having "INTEGRITY" But don't worry about it. We'll be there to finish the game. Somehow it really didn't matter to your coach if the game was finished or not. Someone up there really needs to find out why that is.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that white county wanted to finish the game last night. The storm was nearly over and tullahoma's principal would not let them tear the new field up. Why should a coach be considered childish if he wants to finish. this is tullahomas fault as much as anyones!

Not exactly correct... the refs suspend play and can resume, but it is the game administrators call as to whether or not to suspend or call off a game. The refs would have waited for the GA's decision.

Tricky Dickie Brown strikes again when the Tullahoma's Principle chose to call it!!

Edited by beethoven

Article by Mike McGee is on front page of CoachT.com.

I assumed Brown had made the suggestion that the game move to Sparta. It was actually Coach Olive who proposed going to White County tonight to finish the game because White County refused to come to Tullahoma tonight. Coach Brown wanted to finish the game in week six.

But I stand by my conjecture that Coach Brown has made no friends in the region with this move. He should have done what 90% of the other coaches are doing today...returning to the scene of last night's game. One or two teams finished last night, but most chose to suspend the game until tonight.

From Mick McGee's article:

When it came to deciding what to do, White County refused to return to Tullahoma Saturday to finish the contest. Tullahoma Athletics Director Jerry Mathis said White County wanted to wait and finish the game in week six when both teams have an open date. Tullahoma coach John Olive did not want to do that because Tullahoma will be out of school that week, so they were at an impasse until Olive offered to come to Sparta Saturday to finish the game there. White County’s coaches agreed.

Mathis said he checked with the TSSAA and officials there were emphatic that both teams had to agree to a solution or the game would be declared a no-contest regardless of the score.

Tullahoma had taken a 24-9 lead in the third quarter when the wind started gusting and lightning became more visible. Before play was suspended, White County’s fine tailback, Jarvis Williams, broke a 68-yard run for a touchdown to make it 24-15. A two-point attempt failed.

Edited by StanTrott

Good enough for me. If it's OK with Coach Olive, I'm happy. I have no doubt that he is just trying to do what is best for his players and in doing so he is giving them a good example of how a gentleman should act. That folks is how you gain "RESPECT". I hear a lot about that word here on this board. Some think it is something someone should just give to them. This is how it is "EARNED".

PLAY BALL

Edited by tk6under

Good enough for me. If it's OK with Coach Olive, I'm happy. I have no doubt that he is just trying to do what is best for his players and in doing so he is giving them a good example of how a gentleman should act. That folks is how you gain "RESPECT". I hear a lot about that word here on this board. Some think it is something someone should just give to them. This is how it is "EARNED".

PLAY BALL

You earn respect by winning, and keeping your job! Brown has broken no rules! He is looking out for his team. It sounds like your principal is a female.

Say what you want about Coach Brown but there were other options besides Tullahoma traveling to White County Saturday night. White County wanted to finish the game Friday night. They waited it out last year at Shelbyville and finished it right there. Ask why Tullahoma did not want to finish last night. Something about their field had just been resodded and they didn't want to mess it up again. Now, is that White County's fault that Tullahoma did not want to mess up their field. It is football, fields get messed up. Should White County have to drive all the way back down to Tullahoma after getting home late just because Tullahoma did not want to mess their field up? White County offered to go back to Tullahoma in week 6 but Tullahoma did not want to do that either. White County is getting blamed but Tullahoma did not accept any of the offers made to them. So the only other thing was a no contest. Tullahoma definitely did not want that. So they decided to come to Sparta. Please don't blame White County. Their players were begging to finish it last night.

the administration did not want to finish the game last night. Tullahoma just put in a new 65,000 dollar field, and they didn;t want to mess it up the very first time it was played on. the tullahoma coaches wanted to play, their administration said no.

White County wanted to play in week 6. Tullahoma did not because they don;t have school at that time, and there are many on the football team that have vacation planned. If they played then, how many tullahoma players are not going to be there to play.

Another option was to play it the monday after week 10, if their were playoff implications. If you were tullahoma, would you want to do that. Cause the Friday before you play Hillsboro. You come back 3 days later and finish a game. And then 4 days later you are either gonna play a 1 or 2 seed. Now if your tullahoma and you have a chance for the playoffs, do you want to do that. NO.

White County said no to Sunday afternoon, which is understandable. Ten it come back to playing today. Dicky did not want to travel back here tonight. And he was perfectly willing to let the game go to a no contest. And since not playing this game could effect the playoffs tullahoma had to do something. So they are gonna go up there and finish it tonight. They get a different offciating crew. They get a group from the Lebanon association. They lose homefield, but they really had no other option.