WEST TN TALK!

closavangoghh

for turbo. we didnt have to throw at mitchell we trapped them all nite long and gave the game to rod smith. we had them beat and there Offense had negative yards the first half. we came out and the whole game never had to throw the ball, we could have, but we just didnt have to. a fumbled snap that they picked up and ran in from there own 14. and a over the head punters snap that they picked up and ran in is what beat us (milan) last year.our passing game didnt get us in trouble, we just never used it throughout the game.also we threw screens and were successful.it didnt take hail marys to put up points against mitchell.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi VG. Look, I gotta disagree with you and Turkey on this. JCM is not the best in West Tn. I watched the Cougars beat my Panthers 14-12 last friday and while Bartlett has made great strides since last year I would expect a blowout if they were that good ( and honestly...I was.haha)Germantown,Houston, and Collierville are all still at the very least as good if not better not to mention teams like Whitehaven, Melrose, Ridgeway, and...dare I say it..Bolton. Then you could go over to the country club division and find Briarcrest, ECS, and MUS. Now, I realize you probably meant just teams in 4A and not just from Memphis I'm just sayin but there are better teams out there. That said, for a team that was hit hard by graduation the Cougars are very tough indeed and could no doubt be a major player in 4A this year. They have a balanced offense with a great running game( Adam November did basically whatever he wanted all night long..haha) and a nice air attack. I think ya'll will have a real good year.

Now as much as I hate to say it the Middle/East Tn folks have us in football. Briarcrest and Ridgeway finally took home state championships last year and Melrose was a big time powerhouse for years( and is pretty good this year) but we as a general rule don't have a clue as to what real football is. Case in point. My senior year Germantown, Houston and Bartlett were the 3 top teams in our area. Big threats out of the west or so we thought. Bartlett beat both Houston and Germantown with much hype to advance to the state semi-finals and got utterly waxed by Nashville Glincliff. Similar situation w/ G'town last year. We have flashes of glory ( the way they do in basketball) but we just don't own football. Now, go out there and prove me wrong guys!! Best of luck to all the west teams this year. :)

Edited by Pantherbert

:)

OK...Got a question for you Milan/Huntingdon supporters? Where is this one going to be played? One factor that may make a difference, if it happens, rain coming in, if so, the running game will favor Huntingdon, now, in the same aspect, if no rain, the passing game can favor Milan...either way, this one could go either way, don't be suprised if you don't see overtime in this one.....

Hi VG. Look, I gotta disagree with you and Turkey on this. JCM is not the best in West Tn. I watched the Cougars beat my Panthers 14-12 last friday and while Bartlett has made great strides since last year I would expect a blowout if they were that good ( and honestly...I was.haha)Germantown,Houston, and Collierville are all still at the very least as good if not better not to mention teams like Whitehaven, Melrose, Ridgeway, and...dare I say it..Bolton. Then you could go over to the country club division and find Briarcrest, ECS, and MUS. Now, I realize you probably meant just teams in 4A and not just from Memphis I'm just sayin but there are better teams out there. That said, for a team that was hit hard by graduation the Cougars are very tough indeed and could no doubt be a major player in 4A this year. They have a balanced offense with a great running game( Adam November did basically whatever he wanted all night long..haha) and a nice air attack. I think ya'll will have a real good year.

Pantherbert...I agree with the points you made, but let me clarify something about my post. (and please don`t take offense)When folks around rural west Tn speak of West TN we don`t have Memphis in mind. You can ask just about anyone on here from West TN (the rural part) and they don`t regard Memphis. In other words there is West TN and there is Memphis. This probably stems from our news coverage and the fact that Memphis is just so different than the rest of West TN. We don`t normally keep up with Memphis news, no more than Nashville news. I guess you just have to live in rural West TN to understand. So in rural West TN I say JCM is the best team.

Cougar fans I hate to say it but we will get beat by 14 against milan and even worse by southside. I hope I'm wrong. Did any of you go to the Union City game? I was disgusted. How we won I will never know.

I was there and was very pleased. Union City played a great first half, but the truth is before the first half was over Union City was spent. JCM was in better shape and totally dominated the second half.Will Powell has showed signs that he can get the job done and I expect great things from him the rest of the way. Plus we had 2 of our best players held out most of the first half.