What happend at Warren co tonight?

pioneerfootballer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland 2001, you are wrong. Oakland didn't even have a school 30-40 years ago. So what do you think about that??

It was in 1997 I do believe. That year I was a senior at Coffee County. We beat Oakland at their homecoming game that year. Warren County beat the Patriots as did Lincoln County, Riverdale, and Oak Ridge.

Oakland went 5-5 that year and of course didn't make the playoffs. Funny, that was one year before Oakland won the state title led by quarterback Wes Counts. Wes is my personal hero because he will go down in my books as the greatest quarterback in Middle Tennessee State University history. But even Wes lost to Coffee County and Warren County in 1997.

yeah right according to the information that ive heard the coaching staff had every right to try and jerk the helmet of the kid....any kid that says something like that to a coach deserves punishment and humilation then get kicked off the team....this kid and his father are unbelieveably ignorant and dont deserve to be apart of any fball team

football is a game that requires a coach to chew some tail now and then. I can tell you this, if that daddy had come down on one of brucetons coach's when I played he would have been hauled off in an ambulance, and the coach's wouldn't have had to throw a punch.

yeah right according to the information that ive heard the coaching staff had every right to try and jerk the helmet of the kid....any kid that says something like that to a coach deserves punishment and humilation then get kicked off the team....this kid and his father are unbelieveably ignorant and dont deserve to be apart of any fball team

Hopefully we are long past the "Woody Hayes" type of treatment to players. Hayes coached college ball. This was a high school kid. The kid was wrong, but no way should a coach ever jerk a kids helmet either. You`d like to think that we have high school coaches that don`t react violently to situations. Coaching football and teaching kids does not require such actions.

If I were that coach, I wouldn`t tolerate such actions from a player, but the coach didn`t use his head before reacting. Can`t blame the dad for being upset, but he didn`t handle things well either. I can see where the kid gets it from.

The situation would have been avoided had the coach done his job better.