Baylor vs. Boyd

TennFootball

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call boyd a powerhouse once they play in the private school division with baylor and mccallie

Boyd has beaten mcallie the last two years in a row in scrimmages. Ask any of the coaching staff or players of mcallie and they will tell u that they definitly respect boyds program. As for baylor well i guess we have to wait until friday then we will see. Boyd is definitly ready to move over into division 2 ball.

Hey BigestElk,

Stick to what you know and try not to run other schools down by implying underhanded deals. Fact is Boyd is as clean as they come. If you are gonna say different then do it up front with some facts not by implication.

I happen to know Boyd chose to stay D1 and has several kids who do not play b/c they are on financial aid. Boyd chose to stay b/c they can't afford a lot of "work-study" kids as you imply they have.

Let's leave the sly put-downs out and just talk football... :D

TennFootball,

You cannot say Boyd is good just because they have supposively "beaten" McCallie the last two years in scrimmages. For one, they are scrimmages. Nobody cares. There is no gameplan and it's way early in the season. If Boyd was to play McCallie in the regular season I would say that they wouldn't have a chance.

Boyd from what ive heard has an outstanding defense and a good offense...but i dont think they will gain an inch on the ground against baylors D... baylor will be without there key LB Brenton Davenport and their fullback Mike Isabell who scored twice last week.. Boyd will try and stop the option run with a 4-4 defense so look for Stansell to air it out a little tomorrow tonight ..its going to come down to turnovers and which team wears down in the fouth quater.. i like Baylor b/c the play in th super 7 .. a much tougher divsion.. baylor 28- Boyd 17