Baylor vs. Boyd

TennFootball

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian,

Interesting that you should reccomend that Boyd-Buchanan should go DII. I think that there is an ideoligy there that a 15-18 yr old kid shouldn't be "paid" to participate in sports. It is that way in most small faith-based schools. I happen to agree with that line of thinking. Too much pressure and emphasis on the wrong thing IMO. I better hush before this gets sent to the private board.

I love a good upset! GO BUCS!

:rolleyes: Boyd ready to move over to Div II ball? Does that mean they are recruiting?

And I thought they were making do with the students that enrolled like the So Pitts, Clevelands, Trousdale Counties, and Alcoas of the world. Wait....has Boyd has never won the big one. Isn't it funny how many teams consider So. Pitt a rivalry.

It is a final at Finley.... Baylor wins 12-6. I thought this was a hard fought ball game. Congradulations to Baylor you guys have a great team this year. Obviously this was a defensive ball game. Boyd came out looking a little jittery in the first half but they brought it togethor in the second half and u saw how good a team they are. Baylors nose guard #65 man u are an athlete good luck to u man. Akins was throwing from on the run most of the time tonight so it was tough for him to find his recievers. All in all i think boyd proved they can play with a very good divion 2 team. And both teams proved that they are going to be very good this year. Good luck in the season baylor.

Great Game very hard fought football game.. baylor got a little conservitave once they got the lead and it almost cost them.. but Boyd played outstanding and proved they are one of the best in the city.. and Baylor stuck it out and got the win in an all around good team effort with guys going down.

Interesting view of the D-II schools, 37421. Kids go there so that they can be paid to play? Is it your belief that the primary focus of those schools is sports? Is it your belief that parents send their kids to Baylor, McCallie, MBA, etc for sports? Academics is secondary? You are terribly misinformed if those are your beliefs.

37421- I just recently graduated from Baylor, and if you belive that there are kids getting paid to play for our school, you are terribly mistaken. I Wrestled for six years at Baylor, and also played for the football team and on the golf team. I never saw any type of deal between the coachs/school and an athlete. It is a shame that people think that if any private school is good at a sport, they probably pay there athletes and have somehow recruited them.