Central vs West

medman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the kids are not over confident about this one. As the coaches have been telling them all week, this is a region game and it is just as important as the Maryville game. They may be a bit flat, but I think the D has a lot to prove and improve on. I think the Central talent will win out in this one big, though. I hope that does not sound like a "Central trash talker".

All the kids I know on the team are not overconfident about this game and as far as Centrals defense goes they lost alot of seniors and so there are alot of sophmores and juniors playing and they are working very very hard, so you may think it's cute to say their "swiss Cheese D" but it really just shows your immaturity.

I would have to agree with mhs calling Central's D swiss cheese. You have to admit, in the past few years, it has really been their strength, but this year it is not. They have allowed 47 points in two games, that is uncharacteristic for Central's normally tenacious D. Last year they were the #1 D in 4A only allowing like 80 something points all year. If they don't improve, they may have trouble with williford and company. I still think that Central will win this one simply because the few weapons that West does have will not be enough to outshine Jackson, Young, and the Helton led offense.