Riverdale overlooking Smyrna?

falconfan94

Riverdale players were probably downplaying this game until these message boards came out this week. Now sense they have seen these topics there probably hyped up for this game. So it should be a good game to watch. I think it will be like this: Either Smyrna wins, or Riverdale will blow Smyrna out of the water!!!!!!! ;)B)

BlazeP said:

Either Smyrna wins, or Riverdale will blow Smyrna out of the water!!!!!!!

The latter.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Riverdale overlooks anybody. The players on the team that I know are very humble and get the job done for the Warriors, which is why they are one of the most succesful programs in the state of Tennessee. This game will be a good game, even though Riverdale put up more points than Smyrna did last game. It's not gonna be another 55-7 for 38-0 win for the Warriors, who lost last year's quarterback, receiver, and lineman. Smyrna lost players too due to injury. Both teams have speed in the backfield so look for Smyrna to get things done offensively by running the ball, letting Wolke run and pass, and by throwing passes to his running backs. Look for Riverdale running backs to get lots of yardage too. 26-21. Pick the winner.

the game will be close for about 3 1/2 qtrs, with riverdale leading something like 24-21. riverdale will finally open a 10-14 pt lead and add a couple of tds to make the score look not so close. my pick: riverdale 52-28

No offense meant, but there were T-shirts being sold in the stands at the "Pit" for the Riverdale - Blackman game the next week. Lincoln County had gotten off to a bad start, it wasn't a region game, and Blackman was next. I think the Warriors did overlook the Falcons somewhat. Then when Henry went down, they just couldn't get it going again - because they never really had their heads in the game. My son played for the Warriors last year, and I could tell going in they weren't ready mentally.

I never said Lincoln County was a bad team last year.

They were selling those T shirts long before that game, I know because I bought one for my son before the game,The T shirt had more to do with than just the up and coming game agianst Blackman if you remember some trouble with Blackmans principal earlier before school started-it was a shot being taken at them! I have said it many times on here I know the LCHS program better than the Riverdale program but I know Gary Rankin well enough to know he does not overlook opponents! NO coach the caliber of Gary Rankin over looks another team.Any team out there can be flat and loose any time.

I could be wrong but thats how I feel.I don't ever want to make a post and say that I am 100% right because no one ever is.

When the falcons and warriors play you have to throw the records out the window,they just want to beat each other so bad!

As a Smyrna fan ( I'll let you know my bias early!) we definetly have the best chance to beat Riverdale in years. Does that mean we will? Who knows

I would just like for Smyrna to calm down and not have 5 or six turnovers and put themselves out of the game before it starts.The one thing I can say for Riverdale is they have good players and are well coached so they aren't going to give it to you if you ever beat them you will earn it!

The good news is Smyrna has nothing to lose, no one expects them to win. I know this is the loosest and relaxed as I have ever seen them before the Riverdale game.Maybe for once we will be less hyped and just go play.

A name to remeber Marsaulous Johnson!

Good Luck to All this Friday.

82cat