Warren County has a cancer

warrenman

Yes smith52, Tom Fann was head coach before Richard Ross. That would put him being coach in the early 70's I believe. Richard Ross was head coach at JCM by the mid 70's through at least the mid 80's - the "glory days". Tom Fann was the principal at JCM during the Richards Ross era.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Co. High School football will never win-If a Coach takes any team ther and goes 4-6 They should be District coach of the year. Then they will leave and go to another school and make more money and win win win-When will we learn that the only Coaches that will stay in Warren Co win or lose are the Coaches that grew up in Warren Co- ex Ann Edes Andy Jacobs Stan Jacobs Franklin Fisher (think he went to Warren at least) Alan Bronwyard, David Upton, Chris Madewell, Matt Turner, Jimmie Walker, J.W. Holt-But Tidlwell is gone and so will Turner the boys coach in a few years-But hey with the hiring practices in Warren Co maybe they can kill all the successfull programs in Warren Co-which in the last few years would be boys and girls soccer-but hey I'm sure that is some idiots reason for the failure of football anyway-took a breath and now I am done rambling

If WC was smart they would let Kevin Hobbs take over control of the football team. Everybody knows he was a baller in his day. Any man who can catch a 14 pound Bluegill out of the Blue Hole is more than qualified to turn that program around. I think they still have that Bluegill hangin' on the wall out at Smith Bros. Barber Shop. Reckon whycome they didn't offer him the job?

I agree that Kevin Hobbs would be a great addition to the coaching fraternity at Warren Co. He along with his brother Bucky could use the wisdom they have gained over the years to help the young pioneers in their battle as basement dwellers. I think coach Hobbs could also lure that Prater boy onto the gridiron to help coach the skill positions. Jason's pure speed and agility would be an eye opener for this class of pioneers. Back in the early 90's Prater was clocked around 4.3 as he left the cafteria in the hallways of WCHS. I could never understand why that young man never got a look from the guys upon the hill in knoxville. His brother dart was just a tick slower . 2 things are for certain the mighty pioneers have fallen and midway will never see the glory it saw in the early 90's. Wonder how much revenues have fallen at midway in the past decade. Probably would resemble Enron.

Yes smith52, Tom Fann was head coach before Richard Ross. That would put him being coach in the early 70's I believe. Richard Ross was head coach at JCM by the mid 70's through at least the mid 80's - the "glory days". Tom Fann was the principal at JCM during the Richards Ross era.

jcm..why don`t you go ahead and join CoachT Plus? It`s not much money and I would love to PM you and findout who you are. This is a great website. It sounds like you are about my age....OLD!! :P

VG

jcm..why don`t you go ahead and join CoachT Plus? It`s not much money and I would love to PM you and findout who you are. This is a great website. It sounds like you are about my age....OLD!! :D

VG

I don't join because Because I'm, 'um - CHEAP! :D I don't have the great resources of knowledge - (like the WCHS coach should be a homeboy form Warren County to be any good) - that so many others appear to have.

Incidently, WCMS and WCHS both report an excellent upbeat practices today. I'm optomistic that the pioneers (HS) may be about to jump their first hurdle - having a positive attitude and having fun playing football (I know thats 2 hurdles).

It take courage to play HS football. It takes more to be on a winning team and be in the final games in Murfreesboro. Y'all it may take even more to play for a losing team and to keep coming back week after week (or in WCHS case year after year), work as hard as you possibly can in the off season, to be knows as members of the last place team - and to continue for your teammates, you school and you community. - Go Get 'em Pioneers!