Kingston(2-0) @ Rockwood(2-0)

SHORT10

Good job on the win tonight Tigers.....i guess that really quieted some mouths. I was really impressed with our boys tonight they played hard. Kingston started to make a comeback but we shut them down....very impressed with how our defense is this year. i think we can hang with anybody with the way our defense is playing right now. Good luck to Kingston the rest of the way, and keep up the good work Tigers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right Boys, after all the talk between both sides, Rwood pulled away with it. And what a game it was! I look for that to be the cornerstone for rockwood's sucess the rest of the year. You can't get much more confident after a win like that. Kingston was a really good football team, and being out there you could feel how bad both teams wanted it. Man, it feels good to be a tiger.

Bring on the Dawgs!

Godd job Tigers on your win. The game came down to who wanted it the most and the team who won did. It was alot of controversial calls in that game. One was when the Kingston QB put the ball across the goaline. It was obviously a touchdown. Then again Kingston was in Rockwoods redzone half the time in the 4th quarter. Another question is what happend to the Kingston backfield . They did well with what they could but it seemed like the coach gave up on them when it came down to it. Certain plays decided the game for the tigers. They came out ready and pulled a BIG upset off. Congratulations TIGERS you earned even though I still think Kingston won this one.

Talking about controversial calls, that could go both ways. Plainly, the Ref's stunk. They called a personal foul on Bowman for a late hit and the whistle hadn't even blown yet. Everytime we got spotted we got raped by at least a foot. And it seemed that the yellow beacons of b******* still flew, everytime Rwood was turning around. I was told after getting hit in the back when the ball was 10 yds down field to "don't complain, and just play ball". It's kinda hard to just play ball when you're obviously getting the short end of the stick from the refs.

Rockwood won this game hands down. Kingston got outplayed.

That's my 10 cents

Edited by Zeno

Please I don't wanna hear bitter fans claiming that Kingston should have won. They are High School refs because they arn't the best refs in the world. They will make bad calls all year its just how it is. Teams should find a way to win around the refs and thier own mistakes, if they can do that then they can truly become a good team.

Edited by XtremeLoco

That is kinda scary to think about. McMillan had 4, yep I counted em, 4 chances to kick it through. If Kingston would have kicked it when they were down there the first time, that's not to say the game would have played out like it did, but it was always a possibility, they would have won or at least sent it into OT. I would have settled for 3 (or in this case 12) instead of the big 0 if it were my call. But, I'm glad ole Vic was too proud of his Jackets to settle for the 1/2 a TD

You gotta look at it this way. Two of the trips down there they fumbled. Then look at the other two. First there was 4mins left in the game. You don't know if you have another chance and your down by 6 you have to go for it. Then when there is a 1 1/2mins left in the game, you know for sure your not getting it again, you have to go for it. Im a Rockwood fan but if I was in Coach King's spot I would have done the same. The game is over both teams hopefully forgot about the game and have moved on to their next game.

Good job Tigers!! If I'm in King's spot I wouldn't be throwing on the 4 yard line. I would give it to Johnson. Hes a tough runner and never seems to get the ball. Same with Wade, he would see the ball more. This win didn't have anything to do with the refs. As I said before, it came down to who had the least turnovers. Rockwood played almost error free ball and Kingston kept coughing it up. The biggest play of the game was at the beginning when day fumbled the snap. This gave Rwood good field position, they took advantage and scored when they got the ball. This gave them confidence. Kingston was flat. Collier's defense pretty much stunk. They didn't even block Bowman????The tigers were up and Allens defense was prepared and ready to play. Go Tigers!!!