MBA @ BGA

BigOrange 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if bga can score, then they will win the football game.  they need a lot of offense.  BGA is 100% capable of producing thuis offensive output.

They will win the football game? There is no way that BGA's defense is better than MBA's. They may be good, but MBA's offense is too explosive for BGA to stop. There is no way that BGA could win the game in a shootout. That is, if their offense can score of MBA's great defense.

MBA DEFENSE---- stopped Hinds and huge southaven team (run)

stopped Trinity and their passing attack (pass)

I think that they might have the best defense in the state...

Just got to ask though...who is better, Lavergne or BGA? Was MBA's final score against Lavergne a dissapointment to the Big Red....or did they play their 8th graders and sub 6th graders at the break? Just wanted to know, because on the surface I could see BGA "hanging" with the RED. And congrats to BGA on your spankage of WEBB...my brother went to poor Knox Catholic before our family moved back to Nashville...and Webb basically kicked our butts (but sometimes we kicked ---). Anyhow, WEBB is K-town's version of MBA....so at least you did those guys wrong!!! Look forward to a very good game.

Here's the deal... MBA is flat out better, period... now that is not to say that BGA doesn't have a good team... far from it... I just think the 'Cats are a little overmatched in this game... MBA has depth out the rear, and Michael Fisher alone can take over a game... we all saw what he did when matched up against one of the top-rated quarterbacks in the country... I think this one might be close for a half, but BGA fades late...

The 'Cats have a really good chance to win the whole thing again in their classification if they can find some diversity on offense... we saw a little bit of that last week against, Webb, but it's going to take more than one game of throwing it for me to consider BGA a balanced team...

The bottom line is that MBA has really good talent across the board...from offense to defense to special teams... the Big Red D is ruthless in stopping the run, and the secondary proved it could cover big, fast receivers in the Trinity game... granted, Brohm did throw it almost 60 times for more than 400 yards, but that was because Trinity couldn't do anything else... the secondary also played very physical with the receivers, most notably on the play when an MBA defender took the ball away from Trinity's receiver and took it 60 yards the other way, a la Antonio Langham against Miami in 1992... now you can't tell me that's not a solid defense...

MBA DEFENSE---- stopped Hinds and huge southaven team (run)

stopped Trinity and their passing attack (pass)

BigOrange, I agree with you that MBA definitely stopped a powerful, run-only offense in Southaven. I was very surprised and disappointed in this match-up, considering how strong the Chargers are supposed to be. But they had no balance and MBA took advantage.

Now in the Trinity game, Brohm was 34 of 53 for 418 yards with one TD and one interception and was sacked five times. So they held Trinity to only one passing TD, they didn't shut down the passing game. That was a great win for not only MBA, but for Tennessee football.

I know MBA is building on the strong finish from last year and it will be tough for anyone to compete at their level. I believe the Christian Bros. game will present the toughest game of the rest of the season with, of course, BA a tough one, too. Good luck to the Big Red and their quest for a repeat.

regarding the 418 passing yards that trinity put up, about 80 of those came on the last drive when MBA was loose coverage trying to keep everything in front. Also 418 on 34 completions is not a whole lot. Averages out to about 12 yards a catch. Take away the 80 yards mba gave them, and it's more like 9 ypc. Considering 53 passes were thrown, that's pretty good.

Edited by Redtwin

Redtwin-Be careful about those bets. Your Daddy just might send you back to the Hens(Blue) that is. You can run but you can't hide.

MBA needs to come out with fire in their eyes. After the game last year, the BGA players were saying that the MBA boys were weak and were afraid to hit. I hope the first few series MBA really gets after them and then pours it on. The BGA boys really think they are tougher than the Big Red.

Hey Red Twin, I said Webb was K-town's VERSION of MBA...let's spell it out for you...Mexico's version of the LA Lakers is? Of course we don't know and they would get killed if they played an NBA team. Point is, I "hope" you did'nt get too fired up...but my comparrison is accurate...Webb is "THE" best prep school K-town has to offer....I'm sure your Big Red would do just fine if they played them (but that was never the point).....Moving On (thank GOD)....there have definately been a couple of posts that bring this "down to earth". I definately expect a Big Red V...But I have definately seen weirder things happen (BGA is a good club)....Final....MBA 35 BGA 17