Changing Schools

IamARunningFREAK

• 2 weeks later...

Were you or your family recruited by the private school or were there other reasons for your decision to transfer? Public schools fear the loss of atheletes to private schools - hence the penalty "sit it out year." If you look at the Chattanooga area it appears that most of the smart kids do attend the private schools. I didn't add all of the National Merit Semifinalists form CCS, ND, BB, Mc, GPS and Baylor etc BUT it was obvious that the 4 at Baylor, 7 at GPS and 13 at McCallie far exceeded all of the other schools combined for the greater Chattanooga area.

Keep training and show them next year!

You would have had to sit out if you had gone from public to public or private to public and your parents did not move from one house to another. It has nothing to do with public to private, it applies to all transfers that do not meet the rules. You should have checked the rules before you transfered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would do some double checking. I have known of people to go from public to private and not sit out at all. this was done two years ago.

However, saying that. I think ALL athletes that transfer to private schools, should sit out for at LEAST a year. Recruiting is WRONG!!!!

If you can prove that your only reasons for transferring were not athletic then you don't have to sit out a year. just as is the case with the public to public if you family moves homes or say your parents can finally afford to pay for you to go private(no financial aider's need apply), if you are getting any financial aid from the school then you will be forced to sit out a year. simply put, if you switched schools for the very reason of playing a sport, then you should ahve known the rule was gonna get ya...

• 3 weeks later...
I recently moved from public to a private school but I have to sit out a year....

I am the only male runner, yet I cannot run now.....

Why does this rule exist?

You may be a running freak, but you wont be running too much this year since you have to sit out a year. Why dont you just shut up and stop complaining? Stupid Freak