White House

muffin

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffin, I wish I could tell you. I'm out of town and using hotel computer to get online. WH didn't play well last year against Sycamore but still won. I'll be the first to admit in the games I have seen, we haven't looked too good. Well, it's tough to win 'em all and this is how you find out the character of your team.

In a single word to describe the White House performance against Sycamore----PITIFUL.

I'm not taking anything away from Sycamore---they played a fantastic game---White House made absolutely no adjustments as the game wore on.

Sycamore back rushed for 185 yards and everything was run straight up the gut.

Score was 13-0 just two minutes before half---WH scored with 1:02 to go and I'll be darned if Sycamore didn't score by half to make it 20-7. WH closed to within 27-14 with seven minutes left and had the ball inside the Sycamore 15, but couldn't get in. Game ended with Sycamore camped on the WH 5-yard line---they demonstrated a lot of class by sitting on the ball.---They ARE a force to be reckoned with.

WH needs to go back to drawing board or things could get ugly.

From what i saw White House just couldnt stop Sycamore's offense. WH wasnt running the ball very well, so they put it to the air gaining lots of yardage. But clearly Sycamore was the best team that night. Their O-Line blocked extremely well giving RB Maurice Polk very big holes to run through. Sycamore played a very sound game which suprised some since they didnt play as well in the first two games. But they are very talented i think they could suprise more in future games.

I didn't get to see the game and am surprised that Sycamore was able to run the way they obviously did. I believe the Blue Devils will bounce back and play some good football. While they have some talented linemen, they don't have many and I thought this would be the strength of the team this year.

While WH has gotten better throwing the ball and put up some good numbers, everybody associated with WH football knows that if we throw it more than 10-12 times a game we are in trouble. Not Blue Devil football.

Usually we throw the ball well in the first half, get the lead, and use sound defense, 2-3 passes in the 2nd half, and the running game to win the game. If you see WH throwing late, we are in trouble.

Will be there thurs nite, turning into big region game. Maplewood has some speed and this is a problem this year.

Edited by dandy82

the starting running back, Jaime Black, was in the hospital until friday morning, so of course he didnt play, one of the lineman had a spider bite and couldnt hardly put a sock on, so he didnt play, and a couple other lineman had viruses the day before the game but still played. I dont know if the outcome would have been different, but that definetely didnt help the cause.