Which teams/coachs, have the most class?

bulldawgs#1

This is just an opinion type thing, I'm just wanting to know what everyone else thinks.

My choice is Milan. Here is an example.

Milan 44.....Mannasses 8 .....Week 3

The score at half time 34-0.

If you dont think Milan could have score 80 points this game your crazy. This is an reoccuring trend in Milan football. Score about 30 in the first half, then but in the J Varsity.

That's my opinion, What is yours?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me class is to win but not smear. I have seen some coaches keep the 1st string in the whole game just to stomp the other team and never play the younger players then the next year they are on the other end and they are getting stomped.All the players should play when you are leading at least by 2 touch downs and you know the other team doesn't have a chance. To me a coach that does this is very smart and has alot of class. And a team that supports all the players are the ones with class. I know a team that when the subs go in the team yells and supports these guys. This is what class is.

Milan could have probably scored as many as they wanted to against manasses! Rod Smith the powerhouse running back only carried the ball 5 times for at least a buck 50, and one of those runs was only 9 yards. I mean he could have carried the ball at lest 10 more times for at least 100 or 150 yards, but milan showed some class and didnt try and run the score up. The score could have been a whole lot worse!

My philosophy is beat a team as bad as you can during the 1st half then let the younger kids play in the 2nd half. I wasn't at the game with Huntingdon vs Adamsville (70-7) but from what I have heard Huntingdon's young kids were scoring versus A'ville. You can't tell a kid who has practiced all summer and never gets any playing time not to run hard or block their man when he finally gets his chance. It's up to the opponent to stop them. That being said, a coach can control what plays are called, etc...

A little story from Alabama high school football.

Was driving thru Ardmore Saturday morning and was channel surfing on the radio looking for the Auburn Vanderbilt game and caught the Ardmore football coach's call in show.

Last year, his team traveled to Sheffield and Sheffield kick an onside kick with about a minute left up 41-7. He said he told the Sheffield coach after the game that would come back to haunt him...

So, last Friday night, Ardmore scored with 12 seconds left to go up 31-14 and

the stands starting chanting "on-side kick, on-side kick, on-side kick" and the coach said he turned to his players and they said "on-side kick" so he did just that, kicked an on-side kick.