Dobyns Bennett vs Jeff Co

CoachT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way...what was the whole deal with Scooter Houston and Aaron Carson? Not that I know anything about the situation with what happened...but I thought an ejection was an automatic suspension for the next game? I guess that would be the case if it wasn't DB/Jeff Co.

one other thing....do you guys have a newspaper? i have looked to see if there are any build up for the game from Dandridge...but I seem to come up empty on the news from Dumplin Valley

it doesnt matter who was playin. tssaa overturned the ejection because there wasnt a punch thrown so there wasnt any use in ejecting any of them.

well...i didn't get to travel and had to listen as much as i could while running around town.

DB had around 350 total offense to JC 282

Duran had a good game, 250+ yards throwing

Lamond had a monster game with 150+ receiving

Chase Flannery had a great game....92 on the ground and a big TD before the half and a BIG stop on D. JC had the ball 1st and goal on DB 3 and settled for a field goal ;) Chase had a big stop down on the goal line.

Like I said the 2 JC backs had over 100 rushing each but they only passed for 82 as a team.

DB was down 10-7 and at one point late in the game the Indians led 27-10. JC made it 27-16 and DB scored again to go up 33-16. JC scored late after the game was as good as over to make it 34-23. According to the announcer the JC fans gave up and went home with about 4 minutes to go and down by 11.

I wasn't there but what I got to listen to sounded like DB handled them pretty good. 18 point lead with about 10 secs to go on the #6 team in the state. Sounds pretty solid to me. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!

Even though we lost, that was a great game! Our team had improved so much over the last two years... DB, your band's pretty good this year... not as loud as last year but still good B) Anyways...

What's with all the band drama that's been posted? I mean.. hello! We are important to a certain point. Our music drives the crowd sometimes and keeps them from falling asleep when nothing interesting's happening in the game. You can't say that it doesn't. We might not be THE key to winning a game.. definitely not, but don't rule us out as not important! Sheesh! ;)

I also read something about how we repeat things... Well, this IS high school... And we do have a LOT of freshman players this year. You can't do a whole lot with freshman players... Most of them can't play complicated rhythms and such cause they weren't taught how to in middle school, let alone play a bizzilion songs!

So everyone can just chill on the band dissin' and such... :) And stop with the whole ego things... We all have one... Some people just don't show it so much B)

Well that ends this string.

Good game? For 1-1/2 qtrs it was a close game, then it wasn't at all. D-B trailing 7-0 early, then 4 straight drives for TD's to go up 27-10. The game was really over with 8:00 to go.... D-B stuffed Jeff Co. deep on there side of the field, after Jeff Co had scored to make it 27-16 (extra pt blocked). The Patriot fans started a mass evacuation at that point. Then they flooded the gates when the Tribe scored another TD 5:00 to in the game, 34-16. A meaningless game ending TD for the patriots ended the game, and the more things change, the more they stay the same.

DB OWNS THE EAST, AND EVERYONE IN IT. PERIOD. At home or on the road, the end result is a Tribe Victory, almost 100% of the time. Sevier Co. is the only team that can count more than 2 victories against the Indians in Conference play.

In a rebuilding year (wait till next year), and your best team (not sure about that) in years, and the streak continues.

I did not see 8,000 patriot fans, boys... I did see the DB side packed to the gills, sidleines included. Plus the Indians packed in your side of the Stadium from the End Zone to the 25 yd line.

I did see Lamon Williams and Duran Ferguson put up sa weet numbers. And, the Indians were able to run the ball will great effectiveness after that slow start. I will say that both Jennings and Scooter are fine backs, with cat-quickness. If DB really did recruit like everyone says, we would be all over either one of those players.

A week off for the Tribe and that is well deserved for this young, but very tallented Football Team. Way to go Indian players and Coaches, another great game.

Giddy Up

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay