Halls v/s Powell

dilweed3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season started, I thought that with the huge front line that Powell had, they would be OK. But they have not been able to put anything together yet. It doesn't sound like they have much at the skill positions, or they are not being used to get production from them. If defense wins this game, then my pick is Halls by 10. The boost they got from blowing out a horrible South Doyle team will carry over to practice this week and the game on Friday. This is a rivalry game, so the atmosphere should be good.

I too thought that they would be better than they are. I knew they had no skill players, but I thought that huge line would make up for the lack of skill. John Paul called it right (I hate to admit it). I do remember HTV saying that we are badly mistaken in saying, at the first of the year, that Powell had no skill players, but we were not.

Maybe HTV can tell us why they are having so much trouble now. Is it the coaching change, bad team chemistry, no skilled players, or what?

Edited by 4AFAN

If you will look at the statistics, the skill players haven't been all that bad offensively. It is on the defensive side of the ball that Powell has had most of its problems.

It's a young team. They've shown signs of improvement. They'll be fine.

And as for the Battle of Emory Road this Friday, it will be an intense game. It always is.

John Paul - you are dead wrong about why Clark left. He had an opportunity to advance his career, just like any of of would look to do. He moved up in position and also received the substantial pay increase that goes with it. I know for a fact that he struggled with the decision. He did what he thought best for he and his family. Anything you say differently is simply wrong and uninformed.

I have to agree with HTV. I heard him say years ago that when his daughter got out of Powell he would consider going into administration. The right person asked him, and his daughter has graduated. I know for a fact that he struggled with leaving. If he could right now he would go coach for Stephens.

Swafford has known his days at South-Doyle were numbered since Clark was named the AD. The two had words after the Powell/SD game last year over repeated cheap shots by the Cherokees on Derek Milligan.

I've been told that Swafford even applied for the Karns job when he found out that Clark had been hired as the AD.

Irregardless of what comes out of this incident, I would be shocked to see Swafford still coaching at South-Doyle after this season.