Halls v/s Powell

dilweed3

well i expected that!...........ill make one more attempt at getting my point across but as htv states obviously im not thinking rationally

no ones hiding htv....larry stephens is a fine man and a good coach.

he perhaps could use some help with new line coaches.no one wants powell to win more than i do!

my radio statement was not a personal attack and im glad you broadcast the games. it just seems that sometimes good ole powell politics and networking gets in the way of true reporting of a players abilities.

i have followed the panthers from high school days ...mid 70s..they will always be my team!

ps.....as for coach duncan....hes gone for whatever reason...lets not put him on a pedastal.....hes human.....wasnt the perfect coach.everyone wants to believe he was!

pss...if ya want to discuss this further ill buy lunch at humps...lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say South Doyle was shellshocked? Well for being shellshocked they sure did have alot of ###### and vinegar when they off the bus and did their walk thru on the field acting like a bunch of hyiennas (sorry bout the spelling). They were jumping up and down on the 50 yard line and even came out like that in pre-game warm-up. Now if they were shellshocked i would have thought they would mull around the field in pre-game and stuff not jumping up and down for joy. Or maybe it was jumping up and dow for joy since the man that constantly curses and hits them everyday in practice was GONE. And also.....the Swaffy said in the paper..."I'm proud of what i accomplished at South Doyle". UUUUUUMMMMMMM a 12-21 is not much of an accomplishment in book. Coach Chandler I wish you the best of luck and as far as Coach Duncan goes....he may not be the greatest coach around but the man is very much respected by his peers and I think he did the right thing in canning the Swaffy.

ROB - finally someone who tells it like it is

1) Coach Stephens is a good coach and as soon as he gets rid of the politics that have ruled that team for years (and now that his kids are gone) he will be fine

2) Coach Duncan is human and made alot of human mistakes, I for one am glad he is gone he long forgot that coaching football is for the boys not just a stone for his daughter, if he was there only for her (as it seems to be the case because that is the reason everyone says he left cuz she graduated and the fact he coached softball, as she was on the team, enough said about that topic) and that was his determining factor he should not have been coaching. After all he helped and destroyed alot of young men along the way.

3) The line is huge, but just because you are huge doesn't mean you can play the position - sooner or later you have to prove you can play instead of words saying you can

4) I really hope Powell beats Halls as it was a big disappointment losing to Karns something that has not been done in the past

5) In my opinion and this is my opinion only - the feeder programs into Powell Football is coached by dads that think there son's are the greatest players ever and laying the ground work for running off any kid that may effect there sons playing time at the high school level - I know it is very difficult but maybe we should get back to the days of the older boys playing middle school ball coached by someone else other than parents with the goal in mind of developing these young boys to play in high school

6) ALL THE LUCK AND GOOD WISHES TO THE BOYS ON FRIDAY NITE

This is a very good board for the game Friday nite.The points about dads coaching youth football goes to show that if you are great at youth doesn't mean you will be there when it is high school time.A lot of workgoes into playing HS and now it comes time for the kid to stand and see if this is what he wants to do. Their is alot of work for parents to get kids for workouts and motivate during the off season when it is easier to not go and workout.Some kids get to play on the freshman team and as soph.just workout practice and not play.This is where a kid shows what is goals are.Remember these are kids.Anyone with a lick of knowledge about sports can tell at this level who can play.Powell's feeder program has been down the last few years with the freshman and soph groups.Hall's was excellent .But where are the teams now Powell 0-3 and Halls 1-3.Things change.This is a huge game for both sides.It such be great! A turnaround for both who ever wins. But I say GO HALLS!!!!

These feeder programs that you are talking about........Should a kid that plays in the Halls feeder program be allowed to go to a different school? Well tnstarr this is what happened......go look at Central's roster and see how many of those players actually live in the Central zone and which one's live in the Halls zone. And both Powell and Halls are very young teams. Don't know about Powell, but Halls starts NO Seniors on Defense and only 3 Seniors on offense. Now those freshman and sophomore teams you are talking about ......some of those players are starting and/or getting alot of playing time. However, this is their first season playing on Friday nights against bigger and older opponents.Wait till they are Juniors and seniors.

reddevil,

Get over it! Again, the middle school/recruiting argument has been worn out on these boards. Knox county does not have a middle school program, there is only rec league ball. So a kid that played for your middle school (super midget) team does not necessarily have to go to your high school. A kid in Powell may want to play for a successful middle school team, so they go to Halls. But then they go to Powell for high school. Lets take a real situation. Sean Reilly. He played for the Halls super midget team last year. Is he playing at Halls now? No, actually he is playing at Fulton. Strangely enough, he doesn't even live in Fulton's zone, he lives out in Carter. So his parents obviously want him to play for a successful program, so they took him to Halls for his middle school time, and now they have taken him to Fulton. Life is strange.