Sweetwater vs. Alcoa

rosie20petal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater beats Tellico and scores 26. They ain't going to score 42 against Alcoa. Don't get me wrong I think now that the Cats got that first one it takes some of the pressure of but this game is going to be a dog fight all the way up until the end of the game. I am going to go with Sweetwater though Alcoa could very well pull it out.

To proHScout, One thing that Sweetwaters coach said at the first of the year is that they lost alot of players but they still have Sweetwater pride. As far as the tellico game goes SW had two tds called back on holding calls(there were many bad calls).Sweetwater took there starters out in the fourth quarter. Sweetwater got beat by a very good South Pitt. team that could probably handle anyone in our division with ease. As for the Rockwood game SW lost that game on thier own. We had four turnovers and a couple of bad punts and snaps(our punter got hurt the day before). They only beat us by 7. And after Moore came in at qb Rockwood could not stop us. Moore is a junoir but has been making big plays since he was a freshman. With Moore at qb this is not the same team that got beat twice. Alcoa will have a hard time trying to stop Latham,Moore and Jam F. Sweetwater will beat Alcoa and also Rockwood the next time they play.

I see it as a little something like this. Sweetwater has had some trouble putting up points this year. However, I as well as others know they have the athletes/potential to go nuts and put up 60 points in a game. This game will come down to the best defense. I have seen this year that Alcoa's defense has its good and bad points. I have not seen Sweetwater, although, they have lost 2 games. If this game becomes a defensive struggle, Alcoa and Sweetwater will need a big play from their stars to reach victory. So I ask, who's offense will make the big play? I think this year it will be Alcoa. I think Sweetwater will have a hard time stopping #2 and #1. In that case... AHS-22 SHS-15

I have got a gut feeling that Sweetwater is going to play like their backs are against the wall a little more than Alcoa. After all, they are the defending region champs and the Tornadoes might be listening to what everybody is saying about that they are the team to beat the next two years. I will go with the home team by three. Sweetwater (24-21).

First of all, it is quite obvious that Sweetwater will not be as good as they were last year...losing 16 seniors will do that to most teams.

A couple of points. For those who are saying Sweetwater played bad at Tellico Plains, obviously were not there or watching the cheerleaders while they were there. They played well and did what they needed to do, to get the job done against a county rival.

I think the move of Jeffery Moore to quarterback is the key, if they hope to have a successful season. Moore adds a different dimension to the position and I think if you asked the Rockwood coaching staff, they would tell you how happy they were to not see Moore at QB until the last drive. And that's another point...the 'Cats have lost to two pretty dang good teams.

Latham was probably close to 275-280 yards against Tellico, but 100 of that was called back. The calls were good ones, so that's the way it is. He is running better...looking like last year and now with the threat of Moore taking off and running himself, that will make him that much more dangerous. Jam is always a threat to break one and the Thompson kid runs hard as well. Malachi Blomstrom has looked like a champ running at fullback as well.

This season will not be like last year's. But Sweetwater has the potential to still make some noise in the region, if teams overlook them because they lost to the No. 2 team in 1A and the No. 6 team in 2A. This week will tell a lot about Sweetwater...it should be close and should be interesting.

Homefield...and a chip on the shoulder, makes me go with the Wildcats 26-21.

p.s. From a personal standpoint, the game between Sequoyah and Sweetwater should be a dandy. County rivalries are always special and the Chiefs are mighty hungry to make a big statement against the 'Cats.

Well...Sweetwater is in for a dog fight! Alcoa has nothing to lose. They are young and tough. They gave O.S. all they wanted and then some. The Lyndsey boy at RB for them has a pretty good ypc average. Alcoa also plays the toughest schedule in 2AA. Maryville is probably the best team in the state. Alcoa held them to 26 points. If the Wildcats think this will be an easy game, they are in for a long night. But I think they will pull it out in the end. As for losing to Rockwood...there is no excuse.

Sweetwater-20

Alcoa-14

Waggle,

I agree with some of what you said, but believe me, Maryville is not the best team in the state. In fact I will be suprised if they win state again this year. To me, and from what I've seen this year, they are still very good, but down in a few spots. I think the best team in high school football this year is Riverdale; even though they dropped a decision to Lincoln County last week.