Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

oooh...I like that! There is no way that our team would ever step on the field w/o praying. They would never leave the field w/o praying either. I am talking about Oakland. If you haven't read Coach Marty Euverard's story ...you are missing a great read. ( The Varsity Gold interview this week on Coacht.)

Our guys pray before the game as a team and then before the National Anthem is played/sung with the crowd. We also have a pastor from one of the local churches to come and lead the prayer, not the Lord's Prayer but something from himself. No one has ever said anything about it that I know of. In my opinion, Friday night at the football field doesn't feel right unless you thank God for allowing you to be there and asking Him to bless both teams and the country you live in.

Edited by setter1704tgr

I know we certainly have a prayer of the intercom before our games, and I know I attended the high school graduation last year and the Valedictorian led the entire class and spectators in a prayer. She even recited verses from the Bible!

I thought it was brave because had someone from the ACLU been there, she would've been taken to court.

I think it is sad how much God is having to be de-emphasized in our public schools because of just a few people who get "offended".

Of course, only in the South would you get away with loving God in a public school (with the exception of Florida). Now if you attended one in say California or the Northeast, you might get a different reaction. Liberals thrive in those areas of the country along with the state of Florida. But then again, I don't consider Florida part of the true South because it was Spanish possession during the Civil War.

I just think it is admirable that I can hear a prayer before a game where I'm from because that is what is in the hearts of the students who really like the school they are supporting.

Our players pray in the locker room before each game. We then have a prayer over the loudspeakers before the game that is inclusive of all in attendance. At the end of each game the players and cheerleaders of our school always kneel and say the Lord's Prayer together. Many parents and fans make it onto the field to pray with the players. Sometimes the opposing team is right there kneeling with us. It is awesome to have a large group of two teams, coaches, cheerleaders, parents, and other fans all around in a big group, shoulderpads and hands touching, thanking God for all he gives to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by zsbmom