JIM SWAFFORD ~ SOUTH-DOYLE FOOTBALL

reddevilfever

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Swafford was offically released from his head coaching duties at South Doyle @ 3:30 this afternoon.  He also is no longer teaching there.

HANG IN THERE JIM. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.

This is what the Knoxville paper had in it last Saturday.

http://www.knoxnews.net/kns/prep_football/...2256210,00.html

Article in today's Knoxville paper. Sounds to me that Mr. Duncan is doing a little backstabbing behind the scenes on this one. Anyone interested in this position better BEWARE OF THE FORMER POWELL HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/prep_football/...2265234,00.html

Edited by Bill#49

From the looks of things reddevilfever, stantrott, and others have figured out Coach Swafford's actions and the new administration took action against him. From reading all of the post (including SDHSFAN) this man has been hitting players for a long time.

A coaching friend also told my husband he even jerked a player by the face mask at a jamboree (right after the Gibbs coach has been disciplined). Guess this goes to show you, Randy Carroll's actions definitely were blown out of proportion.

Good luck to the new SD coach and HIS players on turning their season around.

Bill#49 how can you say beware of the SD athletic director? He did his job!!!

STANTROTT,

By reading your posts' about Mr. Swafford, I think you have personal knowledge of his actions. Have you ever coached with him or are you quoting from other coaches' statements?

If this is his general mode of operation, then why hasn't he been disciplined before this incident? Why would SD hire this man to begin with, if he has been carrying all of this baggage?

Look at his record...ask previous principals about Swafford's actions. Hitting players may be one of the lesser transgressions.

Should we bow down to you Mr. Stan now or after you have run down people without actually knowing the circumstances. How dare you insinuate more is under the so-called carpet than is being reported. You self-righteous know-it-all!!!!!!!! I have known Jim for several years and I think a lot of him, his wife and child. How dare you get on this website and use the space to insinuate Jim has done terrible things. I believe it is a verse in the Bible that says, "ye without sin cast the first stone". Maybe you need to read more of the good book Mr. Stan!!!!!!!!

This should be locked down before more slanderous things are said. I know things have been locked down quicker for less demeaning things about coaches than this.

Hey ONEMORETIME unless you have slapped another parent's child or degraded one back-off.

My grandfather sold Mildred Doyle his side acres for South-Doyle Middle School. I am ashamed of the way these "South Knoxville" coaches have acted. At an away game 3 years ago the backetball coach kicked a tray of drinks under the bench and made a stupid mess. All because his players could not hustle to stop another team.

Coaches should be role models not bullies. What does it say about child abuse in your "Good Book?"

Pray that there are no criminal charges. But, if assult charges are forthcoming then let this coach see how the guys on Cell block 5 like it .

;)

Just read the Mark Burgess article.

Why is this criminal striking a kid in the back of the head to get in a stance when he does not even have his helmet on? There is more to this. He needs to answer for his crimes. Especially when he resorts to using the Lord's name during the admission of his guilt.

I smell law suit. Maybe grand jury.

onemoretime--I guess you have not heard Swaffords sideline language to be quoting scripture. If he is such a great friend then apparently you don't know some of his background. I don't know much about the man, but I have heard many things for several years. In my opinion (for what it is worth) If you make bad choices over and over again it will catch up with you. I personall don't know the man, but I have heard things for years. Usually if you hear it over and over again like I have it could have some truth to it. By the way onemoretime if you were any friend at all you would have seen and helped him long before this happened. The few friends that I have know how I am, and would tell me long before it got out of hand, or they would not be friends of mine.

I'm sure Swafford and his family need some support, how about if you be the great friend you are and get off here and help the man out by picking his spirits up.

Edited by PLACALL