TSSAA rule?

Croach

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6 quarters a week is actually 6 quarters a night. Some teams play JV and Freshmen in the same night. A player can play in 6 quarters a night to be covered by insurance. If he gets hurt in the 7th quarter, then the coach is liable for the injury. A player can play in 6 quarters a night and be covered by insurance. That is not a TSSAA rule but an insurance liability. That is why you are not finding it in the TSSAA rule book. A player can play Freshman, JV, and Varsity all three in one week as long as they are not playing more than 6 quarters a night.

Edited by 4AFAN

I just spent twenty minutes looking for the rule in the new handbook and couldn't find it. I know it's there but there are many pages! I'm not sure if it applies to the whole week or just one day? Maybe someone from the TSSAA could let us know. I always thought it applied to the whole week, but I'm not sure.

6 qtr's in one day makes much more sense than 6 qtr's per week. If a kid plays in a game does that mean he played in 4 qtrs even if he only played on kickoff's and that was in the 1st qtr of the game? The more I think about it the less sense this rule makes. Basketball players play 12-16 qtrs per week, granted there is not as much risk involved but I just dont think this is a good rule.

About the kid at Blackman: You are reffering to Locke and Mimms. And they only play 2 Quarters for the Freshman on Thursdays and play the whole game for varsity on Fridays. Im not sure about the rule (wether it is 6 a night or 6 a week), but Blackman keeps them only playing 6 a week. They are a tremendous help on Fri. nights, i know that!