Mo-Town West-Maryville

STARSNBARS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should take a poll and see how the fans feel about the 2 quarterback system and the option.....take the results to George .....I'm sure he'd do exactly what the majority of the people wanted...Don't You Think

Seriously, let me assure you that George isn't running any formation or any player for any reason other than he believes it will give the team the best chance to win another CHAMPIONSHIP

Pure and Simple......and he has been pretty successful thus far

What is Coach Woods smoking??? And maybe if we fans had some of it we could understand his play calling. It is very obvious to this fan that the players he plays should be using different options than they are given. Rucker & Shockley are the powerhouses which need to be ran in the middle. Then you've got Loveless and James that should be going on the outside because of their speed. Instead, he has Rucker running and James and Loveless going up the middle. James and Loveless have the spead and Rucker and Shockley have the push!!! If I can see that, why can't the coach. He also played alot of inexperienced Sophomores against Maryville. Give your Sophomores experience in blowout games like against Cocke Co. We can't keep expecting "Pee Wee", Emmanuel, and Caleb to keep carrying the games. And as far as Minnich, how many interceptions does he have to throw before Woods wakes up? If Minnich likes carrying so much, let him be a running back. We need someone who is not so nervous and get the ball where it needs to go. Its obvious again to everyone but Coach Woods that Minnich needs more experience and practice passing the ball. Put him up against West's mighty defense and he'll learn fast. The fans are beginning to question whether or not Woods wants a win. Come on Coach, give us a reason to believe in you again. ;)

Minnich has played like an allstar!!!!! The only interception was on a last ditch drive to tie the game with time running out. The kid had pass after pass dropped. He made good decisions all night long. He is a big strong kid with a great arm, he has all the tools to be an all stater. With that said, I think that West played a good ballgame, the D was great and the O moved the ball very good, but had a problem getting it into the zone, whether it was a flag or a mental mistake. I will have to question some of the play calling....just because its easy to be a Saturday morning coach..The one thing that stands out is the screens, M-ville seemed to be to fast and to discipline for it to work, they stayed at home every time. They are well coached.The other thing that bothers me about West is that they don't give their backs time to get into a rhythm, they change them out every two plays. Coach Woods is a great coach, I have come to respect him a great deal. He will find a go to guy that will catch the ball and make the big plays, seems like he rotates a lot of kids there. I think that he may need to move a couple of kids that have great hands to the wide out position, maybe play one or two both ways.

Even if M-town West is 1 and 3 I like their chances. They held their own against a very, very good team in the M-ville rebs. Woods can take this team up a couple of notches....and if he does I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the field come playoffs.

First off it kills me to sit here and listen to all this about the option.....There has been a total of 2 turnovers in the past five games where the back has not caught the ball.....The option is perfect for maryville, even though it hasnt worked very well because everyone knows when rouse gets in there that, that is probably what there going to run. But after Rouse's perfomance against heritage in showing everyone that he can throw, i think it will open it up a lot more. Also no one is goin to go up to GQ and tell him anything about anything. Its just stupid saying that. GQ knows more about the game and how to coach it then anyone. He will do what he thinks is best for the team.

Some thoughts about our progress and some of the comments:

This team is going through the same growing pains that we had in 2000 except the 2000 team played a tougher schedule through the first 4 games. MW was the first real test for the young offense. The 2000 team never looked like a state contender until very late in the season....Oh, and this TEAM is better overall than the 2000 team.

We did struggle due in large part to a VERY GOOD MW defense. We will see those guys again. But weren't you impressed with the character of the defense and what about that 70 yard drive that the offense put together when the balance of the game was on the line...Very Impressive to this REBEL DAD....against, again one of the best defenses that I have seen besides MW(2001),Hillsboro(2002).

About the option and the quarterbacks:

Leave it to coach GQ and Staff.....Period. Neither Cade nor Alex run the team...I love both of them...they are going to do exactly what the coaches tell them to do and everything else they can to make the team better...OK.

Since 1999: Head Coach Quarles, Coach Ellis, Coach Thompson, Coach Gaylor, Coach White, Coach Robinette, Coach Humphrey, Coach Pinkerton

Joe Black and Staff - Appalachian Therapy

DR.Todd Griffith

Supporters - Quarterback Club, Boosters, students and parents, and Administration

Cheerleaders

Band

50-8 (86.2%)

Three Regional Championships

Three State Championships

31 straight victories

Let the Best be the Best

You're right 1oldcoach and RedReb. I have all the confidence in the world in GQ and staff. I was impressed by the defense and the drive when they had to have it.

In 2001, after our last loss to Mo-Town West, we improved tremendously. I just hope we don't have to lose a game to really refocus ourselves and not get complacent. After hearing GQ's comments about "we're not as good as we think we are," I feel better about that. I just hope the kids take that to heart. West was a good test and good team with awesome defensive personnel. I believe it will help us identify things we need to work on and give us a good film to study.

Another step awaits us Friday night at W.B. I know they will be ready. One game at a time.

By the way RedReb, GQ is 55-8 (87.3%). 10-3 in '99, 11-4 in '00, 14-1 in '01, 15-0 in '02, and 5-0 so far in '03. After starting 10-7, he has won 45 out of the last 46. Pretty strong. Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS