Blackman v. Smrna

JohnnyC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Smyrna runs alot out of the I formation. It looked from my vantage point that the Bulldogs took slim's advice and started to run the ball more. Smyrna looked good on both sides of the ball. Blackman had a few mistakes especially toward the end of the first half.

My question for the Blaze faithful is why is the backup QB not starting? He looked very good throwing the ball. It appeared to me that Mimms could get open, I thought that Blackman should have tried some of those deep balls earlier to open up the run game.

wasn't he originally the starting QB. Also that Mims kid is a lot better thank Marques Locke. Locke was even shut down by Smyrna's Freshman team. I think he gets hyped up because of his name. Mims is going to be a star to watch for in 2 years. Also Meredith was a bright spot for Blackman. I think he is the heart of the Blackman team.

All I know is that I enjoyed the atmosphere...there were alot more people than I thought would have been at the game. The band was good, field looked nice, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I also saw no signs of misbehavior. I only hope that ya'll can say the same after the Gallatin game. I was really surprised at the intermigling of the fans. There were some Smyrna and Blackman people all around me and everybody acted like it was no big deal. That would not be the case of a Gallatin/Beech or Gallatin/ Hendersonville matchup. To much hatred there.

By the way when big ole #54 hit Johnson...well lets just say I was surprised he got up so quick....that had to be one of the hardest licks I've seen this year.

Guest region4fan

I know that Alsup used to get very upset with the band b/c they played and the girl sang on that dang microphone when the Blaze was on offense. So did they finally get that straight now?? Even though I dislike that band intensely ...at least they play. Oakland's band was a no show for the second week in a row!!! BOOOOOO!!