Dresden/Trenton

lionfbplayer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden had 2 turnovers and Trenton had one. Dresden also had a punt blocked and missed a fieldgoal. It was a pretty even game. I would have to say that the better team won but Trenton gave their self a chance at the end. Dresden held them twice in the 4th inside the 10.

Sounds like a great game sorry I missed it . Dresden looks to be for real, the Lions have the inside track to finish #2 in the region. WEstview may be out of the playoffs after losing to Humboldt but who knows ! Peabody had chances to win it seems but Dresden stopped them when it counted . I know I doubted Dreden early in the year and still THink MIlan will handle them easily but the Lions are tough and know how to win. Good luck Lions I will pull for you when you get Milan and don't overlook Union City.

Sad Tide Fan, I agree that teh Peabody Qb could have walked into the endzone, but to say you beat yourselves is kinda crazy considering, Trenton only had 160 TOTAL yards, their only score came off a turnover and they went 35 or 40 yards to score and Dresden ran at will most of the night with almost 300 yards rushing. They had a senior Jordan Yeley run for 122 and a TD, and a freshman Matt Hewett run for over 100 and a TD. It was a great game but Trenton didn't beat themselves, Dresden beat them. Yes Trenton could have a made a few plays but so could have Dresden. Without some holding and false start penalties, Dresden probably keeps the ball more than they had and Trenton doesn't have the chance to tie the game. Trenton has a good team and is VERY well coached. THey should make the playoffs and do well. Good luck the next few weeks because it is killer.