wolke hurt? not hurt?

stumpman13

If this is the case why didn't Smyrna coaches take him out when they got a 14 point lead it seems the defense was doing thier job! Any good coach should not want to risk thier star QB unless they have no other choice! So if he had taken a bad shot with a 20-o lead and then he is lost for the season would it be worth it?

Sounds a bit fishy to me!BUT that's just me I am not everyone!

What I read earlier in the week in the DNJ was that he was doubtful with a suspected hairline fracture. If he sucked it up and played hurt my hat is off to him. If it turned out to not be as bad as thought, I wouldn't have expected the Smyrna staff to hold a news conference to fill Blackman in on their plans.

I'm sure the Blackman staff was concentrating on their own team. The "to-do" surrounding Wolke was just something for the fans to get worked up about. I doubt it fazed the coaching staff at all.

As an FYI, Bear Bryant once played the 2d half of a BAMA game with a broken leg...it's the stuff legends are made of.

Time to shake this one off and move on....

This was a very clean and hard fought game. This was the best I have seen Smyrna play so far and just a thought to ponder, the 1995 Smyrna team that made it to the 4A semi's also started 1-2 and ended up losing on the final play in the semi's to a cleveland team who was on a 46 game winning streak. Hopefully we can see some of that magic again this year.

extremely clean game. i saw players helping each other up all night and very little smack talk between players.

smyrna played well but we had 2 fumbles that cost us probably more scores (both in their territory) smyrna won (as i posted earlier) because blackman does not even have a threat of a passing game we had a linebacker at strong safety and disregarded pass all night.

i can tell you wolke was hurt and could hardly walk earlier in he week. he did not try to take off up field one time during the game which is unheard of for him.