Region 6-3A?

formerQB

I agree with formerqb when he said Coach Pratt is doing/has done a great job and isn't receiving enough credit. That's the case year after year, though. The CCHS fans pretty much overlook it even though we know he's a great coach. I'm glad we're not still everyone's homecoming. Looks like Manassas filled those shoes for us.

I'm looking forward to the South Side and McNairy games against CC. I still remember when Milan beat us by just 1 point back in '99 (I think). That was the worst feeling! There were tons of people there that night...had to get there like an hour or more early to get a parking spot. Anyway, I'm ready for some tough competition. That's what football is all about!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good West TN football talk. Both of you are right in the fact that Crocket Co used to be a doormat to people. Chester Co. used to run the score up on them for thier homecoming. That day is long gone.

About the Milan/Crockett Co game a few years back. That was an amazing game. I got thier 45 minutes early and had to stand up by the fence in the endzone as there was not a seat on either side. One of the better games I've ever seen.

I will be and cannot wait for the SS/Crockett Co game in a few weeks. Should be a battle. I think SS may be more talented but I think coaching goes to CC, so thats why I pick them.

Concerning the 50 points on Mcnairy a few years ago...who cares? I started this thread to talk about West TN football, in particular a couple of real good games coming up in region 6-3A, not to compare which region is better.

Edited by formerQB

I was a former QB for Bruceton and Chester Co. One year at Bruceton in 1996, then '97-00 at Chester Co. Jersey #12. I had two of my worst games against Crockett Co. Had like, 11 INT's in two games. Really sucked to be me those nights cause the defense kinda had my number!!! :P

Im not from Crockett Co. I just love football, on all levels, and try to support West TN football as much as possible. I hope to be in coaching one day so I really respect what Pratt has done.

We have the up most respect for Region 6 3-A in Middle Tennessee. These last few years they have really had some very good football teams in Crockett and McNairy. They seem to be well coached and fundamentally sound. Last years Greenbrier at Crockett County playoff game was one of the best high school football games I have seen. It came down to a 2 point conversion being 6 inches short for Greenbrier. The Crockett fans were a respectful host and showed good sportsmanship. They obviously have a very good team again this year....they are number 1 in every poll you see.

I hope we (Greenbrier) get to meet Crockett again this year at some point.

I am not suprised at the success of Southside, but I am a little suprised Lexington is not doing a little better. We played them in the first round last year (27-0) and they were very athletic and young. From what I understood they had most of their team coming back.

There is still a lot of football to be played......best of luck to all the teams in region 6 3-A. Looking forward to November.

Very good post CoachHard.

I am in agreement with you on everything, especially Lexington. They had a huge turn around the last half the season last year, so maybe they may go that route again. I think the early upset to Riverside in Week 1 really took the wind out of thier sails.

I have heard nothing but good things from Greenbrier. Best of luck this season.

Okay,

I stand corrected. I clearly had my history wrong. Region 6 has dominated Region 5 overall the last several years and with that much respect is due.

Yes, Greenbrier would love a chance to meet Crockett Co. again to avenge last year's narrow defeat. It was a hard pill to swallow, but a great game none-the-less. Here's looking to this year's playoff match-ups. See you in November!

Greenbrier's largest playing class is made mostly from the junior group. This years team is like last year in that they have a really good, strong senior group of players that they'll have to replace after this year. The junior class has several players that have been playing since they were freshmen. The sophomore class has several good, strong players that are getting a great deal of playing time but this group isn't as deep. The freshmen group only has a couple of impact players.

The real games in this region dont begin until next week. Being a Crockett fan Im still waiting to see how they fare against a higher caliber team. I think the Westview and SBEC games shouldnt have been as close as they were if this team had played to their full potential. The QB situation is still fuzzy.....Massey has done a good job but is not ready to make plays by himself. He is running the offense effectively but will have trouble throwing the ball against a tough defense. I dont know what Pratt is going to do once Tyler Mosier is back at full speed ready to play

QB again. Tyler is a super athelete who give our offense so many more dimensions besides handing off to the running backs. He can throw the ball and is a threat to run it himself. Ill be interested to see if Tyler gets any snaps tonight against Manassas. This team has the potential to go a long way but with McNairy, Lexington and South Side up the next 3 weeks, its time to show their stuff. Im sure Pratt will have them ready to go.