Science Hill is 5-0!

Surf4life

that is not a good way to think floor general, ask Oak Ridge. I mean thats how they thought comming to a game with DB, they killed Bearden in pre-season, and bearden had a close game with us, so, OR came in thinking they would own us, and they did first half, but they came out flat, thinking it was over, and DB batteled back, win some teams are down, they quit, not us, we aint never gonna quit, anyway, this is a SHHS thread, so i'll leave it at that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCIENCE HILL IS A GOOD TEAM FOR UPPER EAST TENNESSEE. D-B IS THE "CADILLAC" TEAM IN THE AREA THIS YEAR AND IS FOLLOWED BY CLOUDLAND. CLOUDLAND WOULD BEAT SCIENCE HILL THIS YEAR IF THEY COULD HOLD ON IN THE 4TH QUARTER, AND THEY WOULD. IT WOULD BE A CLOSE GAME BETWEEN CLOUDLAND AND D-B, BUT D-B WOULD WIN THE 4TH QTR. TO PULL AWAY. SORRY HILLTOPPER FANS, BUT D-B BEATS YOU BY 14. :o

i realize that cloudland is a good single a football team, but to compare and say they could play with db is ridiculous. the speed and depth of just about any good 5a or 4a school would give cloudland trouble. the private schools in single a have proven this point over and over. Cloudland is a very good ball club but it is different in the big schools.

To Cyclone 22

In the past that would have made a good argument but not the case this year. I have covered games for Science Hill, Elizabethton and Cloudland this season. I have had Happy Valley, Hampton and saw DB and Oak Ridge. Cloudland, without a doubt is the best team that I have seen in this area, regardless of classificaton. This team is so much different than the Highlander teams of the past. Check this out 8-9 players that will probably have the opportunity to play college football. How many teams can say that regardless of classification?

No one can match the strength of Cloudland's line and the 4'4 speed of Byrd. Benfield is a bit slower at 4'6 but you can't have everything. On the serious side, the thing that makes Cloudland much better this season is 4 names. Toby King, Bebo Hughes, Aaron Stocton, and Dane Christman at the wide receiver and tight end positions. With Byrd taking his passing game to another level, this team is by far the best in this area. They could have scored 100 on Cherokee last week if they had wanted to.

I respect the SH program and what Coach Bowles has done but they are nowhere near the talent level that Cloudland puts on the field this season.

This team will turn heads down the road. They are more athletic than the team that finished runner-up to Ezell 2 years ago.

I don't think that Elizabethton or Science Hill want any of the Highlanders this season. Let's just see how far down the road this team goes and then we can make our comparisons.

I agree Cloudland is good, but there is no way they are better than DB or Science Hill. I have heard this before and have seen all of these teams many times. DB this year is like the passing game of Ezell Harding vs Cloudland in the championship (I was there pulling for Cloudland), but even more dangerous. I respect Cloudland alot, but to say you are the best in the area (as many fans from Cloudland do every year) is not knowing football. I think cloudland has their best chance this year to go all the way.

To Bud

My hats off to coach Clark and his staff. DB is for real They were impressive in their win over Oak Ridge. As for DB and Cloudland, the numbers might play a factor, but if they played in Roan Mountain, that place can be a nightmare. I believe DB and Cloudland would be a great game, but unless Science Hill is much better than when it played Eliz. DB will win and win big.