Milan Football

huskerfanbob

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not among the elite teams yet, it is an above average year so far for Milan. Milan has a very good offense, good mixture of passing and running. The loss of Chad Autry last night brings depth concerns to the forefront. Unlike the 71 and 99 teams, that played very, very few people both ways, this team does play several both ways. They are not as quick as the 77 team, but I have not seen a team since that was. Defensively not as good as the 71,77 or 99 team, but close to the 98 team. Major concerns depth, special teams mental mistakes, and dropping catchable balls.

I'm glad you cleared that up for sls, about the number of players that play both ways for the Bulldogs.....only two, sls, only two...Rod and Daylan....toward the end of the drive in the third quarter by JCM they moved Micah to tackle and put Ricky Goff in at defensive end.......and they stopped them at the two yard line...very impressive....

I did not say starters that play both ways. I said there are several players that play both ways. Rod, Daylon, are the starters, but what about Eric, Ricky, and others that do occasionally go both ways. I did not mean they play every down, but at some point during most games Daylon gets hurt, Rod cramps up, etc. At this point it's no big deal, but later it could be. The 99 and 71 teams did not pull an offensive or defensive starter to fill in for cramps, injuries, etc. A challenge to you guys from someone you all know and see on a regular basis, win out and you wil be one of the elite, otherwise above average like 5 or 6 other Milan teams. Good Luck!

:P Very well could be one of the best Milan teams ever. Just ask and listen to some of the people who have been around Milan for years and you will hear most of them say the same. This group of 16 seniors have played and stayed together for four years. Add in the Junior and Sophomore class, Milan is loaded.

I continue to say that if this team plays up to their potential the season will be extended beyond 10 games. They are focused on each game with the goal of Dec. 5th in mind.

Very tragic the injury to Chad Autry who is a Senior and a Captain. Initial reports are that he will be out for the entire season and playoffs. It looks to be a blow to the Purple Pack, but, with Chris Johnson, a Sophomore, filling in at the Def. Tackle Milan is still dominant. Chris is definitely a wide body with alot of pure skills. Should be an all-region and all state pick by his senior year.

GO DAWGS!

You can compare the 99 team, but not the 71 team....running backs today would have been linemen in 71....I know...I graduated in 1971...you have linemen today that run as fast as the running backs of 1971....I know SLS that you were on the 71

team and thanks for your contribution for helping bring Milan a championship; but get real when comparing athletes of the seventies, against the athletes today. Coach Jackson will tell you that this years team is the strongest (strength wise) than the 99 team, and several 4.5 to 4.7 40 guys.....But having said all this, unless we win the championship.......we will be remembered as just another very good Milan team.....