WCHS beat UNDEFEATED COFFEE COUNTY

allyousay

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely!

Wilson Central had I don't know how many interceptions returned for a touchdown in their game Friday night against Coffee County. I do think the Red Raiders must've set a record for turnovers in a single game. Coffee County looked awful--much like the Jeff Breeden-coached Raiders of the past five years. However, I think alot of it had to do with Wilson Central's defensive scheme--the ability to stop the run and come up with the big turnovers in the passing game.

I would not be shocked if Wilson Central beat Smyrna. However, there is the chance that Wilson will be riding an emotional high in which they could get caught off guard. Smyrna appears right off to be the second or third best team in all of Region 4-5A. They lost a close one to Brentwood and they know that Wilson Central just beat an undefeated Class 5A school that plays in the same region as Lincoln County so they may get up for this game, or they could think that Wilson Central is no good and that they lucked out Friday night in which Smyrna could possibly lay down. Now Coffee County is suspect. They've had an easy schedule with close wins. Smyrna on the other hand has played quality opponents.

A Wilson Central victory over Smyrna should supercede their win over the perennial Class 5A cellar dwellers from Coffee County. I think Wilson Central needs to work on the running game. It didn't look all that great against Coffee County's defense and Smyrna's defense is a whole lot better.

The Wilson Central passing game has certainly been a positive. No big turnovers on WC's part in that area, so that's good.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

Not so fast my friend. Wilson Central is getting too much credit here. I would be extremely shocked if Central can beat Smyrna. I do believe they are getting better with each year, and eventually they will get where they want to be. This year however will not be the one. Smyrna could keep the ball on the ground the entire night and come away with a win. It has already been done. Mt. Juliet's win over Wilson Central consisted of only 4 passes. Wilson Central's front 7 cannot get the job done. Smyrna's QB has more talent and better judgement than Coffee County's QB. I think he could pick the zone apart and thats even if he needs to. I am not bashing Wilson Central I just think they are out matched this game. I do think Wilson Central can beat Siegel and Blackman this year. Remember though anyone can be beaten on any given night. If Central does win it will be bigger than beating Coffee County.

Edited by Seminole82

Padding stats???

I believe any coach worth their salt would know that running is their strength and could bust one open on any carry. If Coffee was wanting to pad Nunley's stats, Adam Clark, the injured quarterback, would never see the field. Nine point lead and no breakaway receivers.....not a difficult decision to make. I believe Coffee is just trying to make something positive at that point. You can't afford a total mental breakdown of your team after a midseason game like this one. Try to make positives so you can build on them for next week! :o

did it ever occur to u that wc caused the mistakes or were they just standind on the field watching the game. and as for the 200 yds. dont you think its funny that when u are down by nine that u are running the ball? (padding stats maybe?) :o

What a stupid comment!! We were throwing the ball every down when we were down by 2. Running down by 9, the passing game was not working (wake-up). Please get clue about football before making comments. :o

CHS4Life said:

What a stupid comment!! We were throwing the ball every down when we were down by 2. Running down by 9, the passing game was not working (wake-up). Please get clue about football before making comments.

Not Wilson Central's fault that they played the better game and capitalized off of the Red Raiders' turnovers. Clark didn't have to lob one right into the hands of a Wilson Central defender. I mean, alot of it had to do with poor choices on Coffee County's part, but give Wilson Central credit for making adjustments to rake in the interceptions!

RedRaiders2003 said:

how can you say that wilson stopped the running game..........nunley had 218 yrads on 21 carries.....and with as many mistakes as coffee co had.......how can you say they are that much better

I listened to the game from start to finish except during that last touchdown drive for Coffee County. From what I did hear it sounded like Wilson Central was stopping our guys for no gain or a loss! If Nunley had 218 yards rushing then I'm sure the total in rushing yards for the night wasn't much higher!

Edited by SemperFiBlue

Jake Nunley did his job but, he cannot do it alone. That's what I tried to post after our game against coffee and sounded like I was putting Jake down. He has a heart of a lion and nobody can say otherwise because he proves it every Friday night. He has to have help or Coffee or any other team with one back offense will have a hard time. Jake had 250 yds against us and others stepped up thats why they won.

You sure can't take nothing from Wilson, we were almost their first victory. When we left that game everybody was saying it was just a matter of time because they are nowhere near as bad as their past record.

I don't know if Coffee can beat Franklin Co. but, I bet Nunley has another 200+ yd night.

Go Jets

Go Coffee

No offense Central, but, you will have to be beating the likes of Lebanon, Oakland, RIVERDALE, and Smyrna before anyone gives you any respect, believe me, it WILL happen in the future years as you have a good program working its way up. But it won't happen this year. MJ never beat any of these teams, and never got any respect in the past 4 years. The only team they did beat was Lebanon, and only came close to putting down Lavergne. The closest MJ got to respect was when they scored the most points any team had scored on Riverdale during the 2001 season. So best of luck to ya in the rest of the season.

O.K. Here is the deal folks. Everyone has their bad games. Wilson Central played an outstanding game friday. Jake Nunley is a good RB, but he had most of his yards on three long runs. On all other carries he averaged less than 2 yards. WC will win some more games this year. By the way, I was the only one that picked WC.