WCHS beat UNDEFEATED COFFEE COUNTY

allyousay

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and your right they may not utdontplay, but give them some respect man, i mean they beat a previously undefeated team, and while they may have gotten stomped by MJ, they play as hard as anybody, and that should warrant everybody's respect right then and there. mark my words, in 2-3 years, if alexander is still there, wilson central will be in the playoffs, have had 2 really good freshmen teams to feed off of and this 1st win will fuel the fire even more, good luck wilson central!

The thing with Wilson County is that, Alexander will not be there in 2-3 years unless WC starts having a winning season NOW. The school board thinks if your team has a losing season, no matter how much promise you have for the next year (i.e. Dan Winfree), you should get fired. So, not much hope of Alexander being there very long unless WC wins out this year. No offense to Alexander, he's a great coach, but the board is full of hypocritical panzies that will not answer for themseves. :unsure:

Edited by utdontplay

If you look at the big plays that were made for WC last week, almost all of them were made by sophomores. That is a big deal considering CC is 4-0. They have 42 Freshmen this year. I've seen them play. There will be a many good ball player at Wilson Central in the future. You wait and see.

Edited by owl98

I agree Owl, especially on defense, but Coffee County leveled Wilson Central offensively in every way, shape, and form. And truthfully without the turnovers, Coffee County wins in blowout fashion. I don't know what the school record for turnovers in a single game is for Coffee, but I wouldn't doubt that is was broken last Friday night.

Owl98, here are the official stats from that game:

Total Yards

Coffee 371 Wilson 199

Rushing Yards

Coffee 247 Wilson 170

Rushing Attempts

Coffee 33 Wilson 48

Passing Attempts

Coffee 13 completions out of 33 attempts with 3 INTERCEPTIONS

Wilson 2 completions out of 7 attempts with 1 interception

Passing Yards

Coffee 124 Wilson 29

First Downs

Coffee 12 Wilson 9

Now it certainly appears that Wilson Central struggled offensively especially in the passing game, but since I don't know jack squat about football since I've never played so I've been told that such reasoning is adequate of someone who knows nothing about football, I can't be sure that the Wildcats actually struggled in the passing game. I'm just saying, judging from the stats it certainly appears to be that way.

WC had 3 INT's. Not all of them were bad decisions by Clark. WC's DB's made some good plays on balls. Anyway, turnovers are a part of the game. If they were not then we would just give the offense the ball back after they give it up. If you look at the college or NFL level, turnovers play a huge part in any game.

It wasn't just the interceptions, Owl, it was also poor ball handling. The first play of the first offensive drive of the game (which just so happened to be Coffee's) resulted in a fumble. You can't tell me that Nunley isn't strong enough to hold onto the football. But then again, I didn't play football while I was in school therefore I don't know anything about football. It's a rule you know that anyone who has never played the game doesn't know anything about it. Oh well, it just certainly seemed with all the fumbles in that game that poor ball-handling looked to be a problem unless the Wilson Central defenders were just strong enough to knock the ball free and Coffee's rushers weren't as strong enough to hold on. I'll just let you pick between the two thoughts since I don't know anything about football and there's no way I could know since I wasn't playing in the game or have never played football.

Oh well, I look at the game similar to some matchups in the college ranks. It's like a middle-of-the-road team from a lower conference playing a doormat from a major conference and just getting whipped. 3-5A's power ratings are up with the major assistance of Lincoln County's presence. Overall, 4-5A is the stronger region. And Wilson Central proved that by being 7th in a region of 8 teams and beating a team with their at-best shot of finishing 2nd in another region (I say 2nd under the belief that maybe Coffee could beat Franklin County but still stands little to no shot at beating Lincoln County).