Lincoln Co.

Elitecougar77

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think their are a couple of teams that can give Lincoln County problems, and I'm sure Coach Thompson is not taking anything for granted. Cookeville can play with Lincoln County, and Coffee County should still be undefeated. Lincoln County will have their hands full trying to stop Coffee County's ground game.

On any given night, anyone can be beaten.

Is there anyone left in Lincoln Co. regular season sched that will even give them a close game or will lincoln walk into the playoffs undefeated?

I am trying not to sound like a coach, which I'm not, I'm a stat man but, anyone left on our schedule can beat us if we don't continue to play ball like we have so far. I know that sounds like an old cle-sha but it is true. I've seen it happen too many times, just ask Alabama,USC, and Kansas State last weekend. Anytime you turn the ball over a bunch of times it doesn't matter how good you are sometimes you can't overcome it.

I can guarantee you the only team that Coach Thompson is thinking about right now is Cookeville. It's hard to keep 17 year old kids from getting the big head too, when everywhere they go, all they hear, is how good they are. But I'm sure that Coach Thompson and all the assistants will do the best they can to prevent this from happening. Yeah you can look at our remaining schedule and say that there's nobody left that can beat us, and on the surface it may look that way, but, if you don't take care of business during the week it can jump up and bite you on Friday night. Just think, it would absolutely make any of those teams year to knock us off now. :o

I think their are a couple of teams that can give Lincoln County problems, and I'm sure Coach Thompson is not taking anything for granted. Cookeville can play with Lincoln County, and Coffee County should still be undefeated. Lincoln County will have their hands full trying to stop Coffee County's ground game.

On any given night, anyone can be beaten.

Unless I missed that there was a change in the outcome, Coffee Co. can't enter the game undefeated... they lost to Wilson Central.

As far as waltzing into the playoffs undefeated, that doesn't mean anything. Gallatin can atest to that. Not saying I don't think LC wiil be/is the best in the east bracket, just throwing that thought out there.

have to agree with slim here, the only people that can stop lincoln co from going undefeated in the regular season is themselves, but we will see when they play their off game, every team has one, but its how they do when they dont bring their A game, i think we will see the true worth of lincoln co when that happens

Unless I missed that there was a change in the outcome, Coffee Co. can't enter the game undefeated... they lost to Wilson Central.

FHSrebel, re-read my post. I said Coffee Co. SHOULD still be undefeated...meaning that I don't think they should have lost to Wilson Central. Oh, well....their game with Lincoln County could give the Red Raiders a chance to redeem themselves.