MBA vs. McCallie

irish34

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish,

As we have seen time and time again, anyone can win on Friday night; that is what makes HS football such a wonderful game. MBA is a pretty good team; however, they have yet to prove that they are a great team. Their toughest games of the year lie in front of them, and one of the biggest comes up Friday night.

McCallie is a well coached and athletic football team, just like the Big Red. This will definitely be a close game, and I see it coming down to ball control and turnovers.

I like MBA's balanced attack, and I think that will be the difference in the game, at least I hope so.

Roll Red Roll!

MBA...Red,

Remember that being a gentleman is the greatest goal of an MBA student. Humility is a great part of being a gentleman. MBA has been fortunate to have several great football teams in the past ten years and i hope that luck continues. Their have been great teams at MBA in past and there will be more to come in the future, but at the moment you are just a small part of something much bigger. Let the tradition of MBA football speak for itself, and let this years team speak for itself on the field. There are four games left to play and if you take any one of them for granted it could be your first loss. I hope everyone on the hill will keep up the hard work, good luck on Friday, Roll Red Roll.

MBA leads the series 11-4:

1925 MBA 58 -0

1926 MBA 31-0

1935 McCallie 19-14

1936 McCallie 33-0

1940 MBA 26-0

1941 MBA 19-0

1979 MBA 10-7

1980 McCallie 28-14

1997 MBA 35-21

1998 MBA 41-16

1999 MBA 35-0

1999 MBA 35-7 (playoffs)

2000 MBA 24-21

2001 McCallie 34-21

2002 MBA 35-7

As for what McCallie has this year, I can't elaborate specifically, but they look to be formidable with, as always, good coaching to match smart players. Roll Red Roll.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• And can you tell me who those two quarterbacks were, and every kid that was put into college from Bearden is a Bearden kid? It’s kind of why they graduated from Bearden.   and I would definitely not consider ETSU “waste”…
    • Most of this is complete gibberish. But the one part I could decipher is putting kids in college. This coaching staff hasn’t put a single Bearden kid in college. They completed wasted one of the best WRs in East TN and have ruined two talented QBs. All because they’re in over their heads. 
    • Well, I’d hope the new coaching staff thinks they are all that because they can always walk around the school, anytime they want, thinking that, especially for what they’ve done for the student athletes and the players, putting more kids in college in his first season than the old coaching staff did in numerous years combined, but we will just sweep over that because I know you don’t like facts. But trust me, nobody wanted Mr. Big britches, made the star player switch to quarterback, which is ultimately the reason he ended up transferring to play the position. He loved, but unfortunately, had to be at another school because Mr. Big Britches doesn’t like when a teenager knows more than him, but can’t expect much coming from a guy who used all class throwing pencils up into the ceiling and making fun of football kids who were failing class right to their face, and in front of numerous students, even projecting on the board most of the time.
    • After that first paragraph, I can see why you’re a TA and not a teacher. Have you made the move from South Knoxville to Bearden yet?    Maybe he left because he is an actual teacher and coach, and didn’t want to be associated with a group of foul mouthed middle school coaches who like to pretend they’re big time. 
    • Yeah and the coach is gone. Whole bizarre situation here. We played them a couple of times at MTSU last few years. She was a player for sure.