Good Runner or good coach?

StangsRrunnin

Sorry Walker Valley boy- you just got gang banged by everyone (go buckley)

So what do you think it is the runner or the coach???? I would have to say both because if you don't have someone pushing you then people are to lazy and dumb to realize that they need to do it and do it good. Plus if you do not have the determination then why bother? Everyone has their own opinion and mine would have to be both...... :justwrestle:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Bradley runner, and I was just repling to what the thread was asking, I really have no problems with bradley's coaches because I dont run for them

Dude don't even try to play. I know who you are and you had the same coach/coaches. By reading your post it looked like you were ******** about how you were held back. You had GREAT potential and I'm sorry you didn't reach it but it's over and done with.

First of all you've got to have the genes. Without those it doesn't matter how good your coach is; you'll still stink. Then it's up to the coach to develop you, and a bad coach can definatly destroy your potential. I've seen it done. Some coaches make their kids race 3 times a week then just do speed on the other days; that's what will destroy you. Look at Jeff Taylor, he had a ton of potential and still ran unbelievably during the track season, but he could have been much better if he'd been given the opportunity to rest his legs and race fresh, which leads to the last but most important and essential trait neccessary to be good, dedication. Without being dedicated you have no chance; you've gotta be willing to tear yourself apart in a race to win. You don't have relish pain, just endure it.

Dude don't even try to play. I know who you are and you had the same coach/coaches. By reading your post it looked like you were ******** about how you were held back. You had GREAT potential and I'm sorry you didn't reach it but it's over and done with.

I know you know who I am. Believe me I wasnt ********about how I was held back. I didnt mean for it to come across like that. I was happy with how fast I ran in highschool. I think I could have gone faster, but then again who doesnt. But no regrets here, Im just thinking ahead right now.

Jeff Taylor was awesome. How many races did he win? How many people's goal was to beat him at a race? So don't say stuff when he was a target and you were just the arrow shooting after it. Why are you tryin to put him down anyway do you feel inferior? I mean it was even my goal to beat and race with him but that is gone now due to the fact he is racing D-1 (not to shabby should i say) now. ;)

Edited by StangsRrunnin

Runnerboy, I have only raced twice this year and those times I ran unattached because of redshirting. The only way I will race for the team is if 2 people end up getting injured. But anyway how have your races been gowing? I hope your season goes well...StangsRrunnin, I appreciate the flattering words.

I dont think Runnerboy was trying to put Taylor down. I think he was just as frustrated as the rest of us over hearing all the "junk" on these boards lately. People talk about what they "hear" goes on from other people, and then they all make their speculations and accusations, when no one really KNOWS anything. I guess some people find it amusing to point fingers and try and hurt the reputation of other people. Runnerboy is a good kid and a great competitor- I think he has alot of respect for Coaches that spend endless hours working with their kids, no matter who it may be! Like I said before- Nobody is perfect and everybody has their own way of doing things, if you don't like their ways- then Get out of it! ;)

Jeff Taylor was awesome. How many races did he win? How many people's goal was to beat him at a race? So don't say stuff when he was a target and you were just the arrow shooting after it. Why are you tryin to put him down anyway do you feel inferior? I mean it was even my goal to beat and race with him but that is gone now due to the fact he is racing D-1 (not to shabby should i say) now. :D

Haha.