Corey Brewer

Catalyst

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the opportunity to meet Corey on three seperate occassions and must say, He is not only a great player but a great person. What he dont accomplish in the game of Basketball he will definately accomplish in the game of Life. The University of Florida has gotten the real deal here. He is a great person & player

• 2 weeks later...

OK, first off, this is just a one-time observation, don't assume I know this kid well. In a playday at Cookeville, Brewer put on a dunking exhibition. However, that is all I saw him do. He hit one three and no other shots I can remember that weren't dunks. He played extremely lazy defense, proof: he had 11 fouls in the 1st quarter!! I quit counting after that. I repeat, this is not to take anything away from Corey. I just wonder if he has the all-around game and was just goofing off, or what. I do know how he carried himself is not how a star should be carrying himself. I truly hope I'm mistaken, because the potential is very obvious, but he shouldn't be satisfied by getting some spectacular dunks against a not very good Cookeville team.

I guess you didn't see the game earlier against Upperman where he hit about six three's and dominated on the defensive end and had around 15 rebounds. Oh, by the way for all of you that say Corey plays lazy defense talk to all of the recruiting experts who said " Corey Brewer is hands down the best defensive player in the nation. He is the Deion Sanders of high school basketball." Someone else that knows a little bit about basketball, thinks he's a pretty good defender, i believe his name is Billy Donovan.

http://theinsidershoops.theinsiders.com/2/168145.html

Edited by oldschool74

I think Tyler is a phenomenal talent and has unbelievable athletic ability. But I think he has a lot of work to do on his all around game. He is really going to have to improve his perimeter skills, because unless he grows three or four inches he will play the perimeter at the next level. From the things that I have read and listening to others talk I think he will put in the time and the work to become a complete player. Everyone knows that Corey was a very raw talent going into his junior year and he worked his tail off to improve his weaknesses and I believe Tyler will do the same. He has the potential to be great. The main thing Tyler has going for him over Corey is a much stronger supporting cast Corey could have a very tough year if his teammates don't step and take up some of the slack.