Corey Brewer

Catalyst

Smokin75 I'll guarantee you that if Brewer doesn't start as a freshman he will play significant minutes. Not many Mcdonald's All-Americans sit the bench their freshman years and most see the court at some time in their carreers.

http://collegebasketballnews.theinsiders.c...m/2/182323.html

Edited by oldschool74

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest silvertree

corey Brewer couldn't guard Rbs's 6'3" center this summer at camp. Daniel Meador scored 5 straight buckets in a row(1st quarter) before Portlands coach switched him off. Brewer is a tall kid who handle the basketball, and thats all. Oh yeah, he can dunk a basketball as well. I think in region last year he had a triple double. 23 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 turnovers. Give me a break with this Mcdonalds, Slam magazine crap. One more thing, Ferguson was a much better player.

Look guys or gals This thread is about Corey Brewer not a comparison to other players. It would be hard to compare him to Tyler since they both have different games and talents. Granted I hope to see them both on T.V. in a few years either playing against each other or who knows maybe even playing together. Good Luck at Florida and Good luck to Tyler on another championship.

I also attended the Cookeville playday this past weekend and i tend to agree with Eagle here that Corey didn't play defense very well and i also watched the Upperman game and although Corey did the things you said Old School he did them with 8 fouls, but i also remind myself that this is just a play day and it didn't count, and i'm sure that Corey was probably thinking along those same lines, he is talented no doubt and a great kid off the court, however i saw his team play a very young Jackson County team without him and get beat badly so they better hope he never fouls out! As for Corey, well i spoke with him and have watched him play and he is a "player" and a good kid, and instead of putting down him down or saying how this kid scored on him and he can't do this or that, lets just let his performance speak for itself when the games count, not at a playday or at summer camp! Good Luck to all this year and may the best TEAM win! :D:D

silvertree i dont know who you are but so far i think you are the smartest person on this thread. yes ferguson was better. and corey doesnt handle the ball that well either. dont get me wrong i think corey is a very talented player but he is highly overrated. and im just wondering how many people have played against him. i want to know want those people think of his game

OldSchool I agree with you, Corey can flat out shut people down. I have seen him play many times and hold down the other teams best player. I can't wait to see him go in as a frosh and tear it up in the SEC. What's that, SEC all frosh-team!! Definetly!! Look out pretty boy, you have to make room in the O'l line up for Brewer, but thats nothing you haven't already planned.

Edited by bigAsports