mid-state TOP FULLBACKS

SCRAPPY

mid-state TOP FULLBACKS

6.) Sam Reeves (Cheatham Co.) SENIOR. 620 rush yards, 6 TDs for 5-0 Cubs' offense averaging 29.4 points per game.

5.) Michael Motley (Page) 5'11", 220 / SENIOR. 215 rushing yards, 5 TDs while leading 5-1 Patriots' defense at linebacker.

4.) Spike McDaniel (Riverdale) 5'10", 192 / SENIOR. Limited carries with 124 yards and four scores for 3-2 Warriors. Thrives blocking for Gary Rankin's tailback fleet.

3.) David Holbert (Brentwood Academy) 6'1", 234 / SENIOR. 206 rushing yards and three TDs. Another quality blocker allowing Theo Townsend's 140 yards per game.

2.) Ian Van Horne (Brentwood) 6'3", 220 / SENIOR. 170 yards and two scores since Fugate's injury. The anchor to Bruins' team. Rarely off field.

1.) Calvin Bryant (Hillsboro) 6'0", 260 / SENIOR. 389 rushing yards and four TDs in Burros' 4-1 start. Punishes and drags tacklers. Usually requires group effort to get him down.

I disagree about the Holbert guy. We played them in a scrimmage in the beggining of a season. He is an awesome fullback but he cant block real well hes more of the type to give him the ball and let him punish people. I havent seen him play since then so i might be wrong. Stanley Brooks is a pretty good fullback from DC doesnt have a bunch of yards but dont mind coming through makin a path. He's a junior so you'll more of him in the yrs to come, but just some things 2 know he is benching 375+ squats 450+ and i dont know his power clean. Hes only weighs 215 you will hear about him this yr in that class if you follow wrestling look for him to contend for state :D

Bryant carries the mail. He's not the lead blocker. He averaged 6.6 yards per carry with 1,123 yards and 18 TDs a year ago and he's over seven yards per carry this year. And Aydelott goes out of his way to maintain offensive balance and not feature this guy. Game-high carries was 11 entering last week's slugfest against Antioch, where he got 17 tough carries for 88 yards. Every carry was a street fight in the box. He was giving as good as he was getting from a very mean, physical Antioch defensive interior. I've seen both Holbert and Bryant play at least 10 times during their high school careers. Both are talents. Holbert will probably be a better college player, but Bryant is everything you want in a high school fullback.

Concerning the Nunley statement, although his numbers have grabbed my attention - I wasn't aware he was a fullback. If so, you have a valid point.