clinton coach

notacat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast, I heard the odds on favorite to get this job was going to be former Clinton player and now current Oak Ridge Assisitant Coach Andy Shattuck. What do you Clinton people think of that?Why anybody would take that job is beyond me. The politics in Clinton will keep anybody from winning there. Gaylor had a great run of players but the well is dry.Clinton middle had a nice middle school team a year ago.. but no athletes to compete at the big time level like Maryville does. It looks like a rough road for the soon to be 0-10 Dragons.

Edited by Beagleboy

I doubt Coach Lambert would leave Anderson COunty, he is doing most of the play calling there and he makes good money even as the assistant, and Kerr will hang it up soon. For Clinton, if you are trying to go there then you better be ready for their town clique, if you don't play certain kids then the town will not support you, Catlett tried to build a program and the parents wouldn't let him, everything he did was wrong because he wasn't playing the right people. Catlett was a great Coach and he just got caught up in the wrong situation. Otherwise Clinton is a school with a string of talent walking through the halls, the hard part is getting them to play, b/c if they cant be the star then they wont commit themselves to the team. Clinton students have a bad attitude, but with the right coach they can be a football force again, just like in the 90's.....

Edited by mcneeley06