games left in the season and by the time the Tigers head

down to your town, you'll see for yourself IF they've

made any improvement . Go Tiger's Beat Chapel Hill and

good luck mildcats against cornersville. :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like to me the Tigers are on everybody's minds this year. I wonder why that is? Don't let doubt take you out of the game before its even played their Wildcat Pride. Hey you keep telling yourelf the Tigers can't play and maybe by the time we come to Waynesboro you might believe yourself. Yeah you do that and spread the word we like for folks to overlook us and think that we can't play. The Tigers are just on the edge of making a serious statement to the whole region. I dont think folks are going to like it either. So keep knocking them, trash talking, and looking over us. You might just have to pay when they come around your place!

collinwood could have put mt pleasant to bed early but they fumbled down on their goal line and instead of going up 21 to 0 the tigers suddenly got life. However, i will say this, Mt. pleasant will beat waynesboro because the boro is big but slow and mt. pleasant is anything but slow. they are quick and talented on both sides of the ball and their coaches do a good job. Against any other team in the region colt risner would have gotten well over three hundred yards and and a sack full of tds that night. Many times the mt pleasant backers got their in just the nick of time to prevent HUGE gains. Risner had a great night but belive it or not the tigers actually did a good job on him. I think most teams will have a tough time moving the ball on mt. pleasant and i sure dont see anyone in the region holding them to seven points again and i include collinwood if they should meet in the playoffs. And trust me when i say the wood defense freakin rocks single a ball people!!!!!!!!!

its hard to be humble when you havent lost a game since the nineties in the region or the regular season. I hope mt. pleasant makes the playoffs and then they can enjoy the thrill of playing against big money scholarship programs like ezell, dca, cpa, etc. After you get a taste of that you may just start to respect the way collinwood has represented region 6a a wee bit more.

It seems like to me the Tigers are on everybody's minds this year. I wonder why that is? Don't let doubt take you out of the game before its even played their Wildcat Pride. Hey you keep telling yourelf the Tigers can't play and maybe by the time we come to Waynesboro you might believe yourself. Yeah you do that and spread the word we like for folks to overlook us and think that we can't play. The Tigers are just on the edge of making a serious statement to the whole region. I dont think folks are going to like it either. So keep knocking them, trash talking, and looking over us. You might just have to pay when they come around your place!

After reading all your other posts it sounds like you are the one doing the trash talking. You haven't said one good thing about anybody else but Mt. Pleasant.

Edited by trojangirl

well first of all i played for collinwood for the past four years and if i can recall the scores i think we have beat mt. pleasant something like 150-20 the last three years.I graduated last year and i know just as well as everyone else does that mt. pleasant has nothing on collinwood.Last year was pretty bad.People from mt.pleasant shouldnt be saying anything to collinwood fans about football.Especially the last three years.About private schools everyone one just needs to let that be it has all been taken care of and i know as well as everyone else does that collinwood would have had a three peat state championship if not for private schools, but like i said it has all been taken care of and just quit talking about it.Good luck to Collinwood the rest of the season.Good luck to all 1A public schools this year.Have fun and play the game like it should be played.

Scottie Rich #3

You are right ,collinwood would most likely have had 3 states if the private schools were where they should have been,in higher classes or seperate. I hope that will be resolved soon. Its good that MP is turning things around and that collinwood will always have their great tradition . But,MP is on its way back for sure,much talent and desire.

i have not ran mp down on one thing this year. i have asked about them on quite a few different threads because i would like to know as much about them as possible. nomally when a team comes off a 0-10 season and wins 4 out of 5 games, people want to know what's up. mp has never been a disipline team. that is where i got the info that i was talkin about. yes wayne co has been putting the ball on the ground a lot this year. that is why if you read any of my post i say in almost every thread that if wayne county can't learn to hold onto the ball they will get beat. including the mp game. we almost got beat by a much lesser team in forrest because of the fact that we were undiciplined that night on special teams. and i truly think that we are a lot more dicipline than yall. there is no doubt that yall have some really good athletes. but i feel that most of their talent is raw.

sssssss, i understand where you are getting your comments about wc's speed. i mean we have been pretty dang slow the last few years, but this year is a different story. we have not played a team yet that could get to the corner against us. i just don't happen. we are much faster this year than we have been in about 5 years. oh and another thing, we are not that big anymore. we have prolly the smallest line in the region. you think colt's good? wait till ya see joseph this year! he's da man!

i have to give it to collinwood this year though. i predicted at the first of the year that they would finish in the middle of the pack. and i admit it, i was way wrong. those young guys for cwood have really stepped up their play. they are pretty dang good. i think that cwood will prolly beat mc and the wc-cwood game will be for the region. but who knows. anything can happen in this region.

this thread is great. i think we need to have one of these every week.

Mount Pleasant's new found success can be attributed to having new life injected into their football program. They now have a coach that they actually want to play for. When people get on here and say that MP is a totally different team this year they are telling the truth. They have guys out there we haven't seen since junior high, which could ultimately be their downfall. They have lots of raw talent and will be much better next year if Smith can keep them in pads.

As for Wayne County, I feel if our line was bigger, no one could stop our running game. No one has yet, but it could give us problems in the post season. I really feel this is the most talented team WC has had since the group with Frazier, Mathis, and company. This years group is a good group of guys that deserve every win they get.

and im sorry for the way collinwood hit your guys......i wish we could have been a little nicer on you like your other opponents were......and by the way collinwood isnt going anywhere, our sophomore class is one of the best ever at the wood.

its hard to be humble when you havent lost a game since the nineties in the region or the regular season. I hope mt. pleasant makes the playoffs and then they can enjoy the thrill of playing against big money scholarship programs like ezell, dca, cpa, etc. After you get a taste of that you may just start to respect the way collinwood has represented region 6a a wee bit more.

HEY THERE REGION 6A FANS! JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHED A LTTLE LIGHT ON SSSS's COMMENTS ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS TO BE HUMBLE. (I PROBABLY LEFT OUT A FEW S'Ss OF YOUR NAME, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME.) ANYTIME AN INDIVIDUAL OR A GROUP OF PEOPLE ENJOY PROLONGED SUCCESS LIKE THE TROJANS HAVE FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR GIFTS, ABILITIES, AND GREAT TIMES YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED DURING THIS TIME PERIOD. THAT IS CALLED BEING HUMBLE. BLASTING OTHER SCHOOLS AND APOLOGIZING FOR NOT HITTING OTHER PLAYERS HARD ENOUGH IS A LACK OF HUMBLENESS ON YOUR PART. I AM SURE COACH STATOM AND HIS STAFF FEEL THE SAME WAY AND THEY DO NOT SHARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT TELLING EVERYONE HOW HARD IT IS TO BE HUMBLE.

POINT NUMBER 2: I JUST WONDER HOW MANY PLAYS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN INVOLVED IN DURING VARSITY GAMES AT COLLINWOOD OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS. I BET YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO HOPE FOR BLOWOUTS SO YOU CAN GET A SHOT AT SOME MOP-UP TIME. JUDGING FROM YOUR LAST COUPLE OF POSTS ON THIS THREAD, YOU ARE PROBABLY A SOPHOMORE, ONE OF THE MANY GREAT SOPHOMORES IN THAT "LOADED" CLASS. IF I CAN REFLECT CORRECTLY, WASN'T IT YOUR 8TH GRADE YEAR YOU GUYS LOST THREE GAMES TO LEWIS COUNTY, WAYNESBORO, AND HARDIN COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOLS? I ALSO THINK YOU GUYS LOST TO RICHLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL THAT YEAR AS WELL. WHEN I WAS STILL AROUND THAT AREA, I PERSONALLY SAW WAYNESBORO MIDDLE SCHOOL GET UP 24-0 ON YOU GUYS IN THE 3RD QUARTER AT YOUR HOME FIELD. I THINK YOU GUYS ENDED UP SCORING IN THE 4TH QUARTER AGAINST THE RESERVES. THAT WOULD EQUAL 3 LOSSES IN ONE YEAR, POSSIBLY 4 LOSSES BY THIS SAME GROUP OF PLAYERS. I DO NOT BELIEVE LAST YEARS SENIORS LOST BUT 1 OR 2 GAMES IN THEIR ENTIRE MIDDLE SCHOOL CAREER. I ALSO KNOW THE YEAR JAKE LINVILLE'S CLASS WAS SOLID AS WELL. THAT SUCCESS FOLLOWED THAT GROUP OF PLAYERS THROUGHOUT HIGH SCHOOL AS WELL.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, LEARN TO BE HUMBLE, BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU SOMEWHERE OUT THERE. BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT THE PROGRAM HAS ACCOMPLISHED, AND DO NOT APOLIGIZE FOR HITTING TOO EASY. YOU ARE ONE INJURY AWAY FROM NEVER PLAYING AGAIN.