Lincoln County QB

falconfan94

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have played three great quarterbacks this season. They are Link of Gallatin, Edminston of LC, and Wolke of Smyrna. Link, i believe, was the best all around. Next would be Edminston. Then Wolke. We must remember however that when Wolke played us he was "hurt". That could have affected the way he played. Link was definatly the one that impressed me the most.

Lets also remember that this is just how they played against Blackman, so some of them could have had an off game, and others could have just had a good game.

I think ability wise Wolke is the best out of the three. However, decision making wise Edmitson is probably the best. I think Edmitson is a very good runner but an average passer. Link is a good runner but not even average passer. Most of the time he just closes his eyes and tosses it up. Wolke is a good runner and has the strongest arm out of the three but his poor decision making brings him down. Link is probably the most valuable to his team seeing how he is the only weapon on that team.

Edmiston hasn't really passed much this year!He is a much better passer than what he has shown! He has a good head on his shoulders and that is a big plus!

I have seen Wolke twice and he didn't show me anything either time and only one of those games he was supposed to be hurt!

I haven't seen Link but I am going to try to in the next few weeks!

I've seen all 3 this year vs Smyrna in games and scrimmages my take is this>

Link- great overall athlete and competitor don't know about his throwing skills only threw a few times against Smyrna and didn't show much? I think he is a great athlete but I bet his college future is playing somewhere besides QB.

Edminson- very calm and looks in control at all times runs very strong

appears to have a good arm. Has an oustanding team and coach around him and runs their system well.

Wolke- who I see often has unbelieveable QB skills and arm.Physically he has all the tools. Sometimes tries to do to much in Smyrna's offensive system but he is also asked to do a lot by the staff such as audibles and calling plays at the line.

best pure -QB skills wise - Wolke

best overall- QB running and passing- Edminson

best athlete - Link plays defense to!

Guest region4fan

I have seen all three play on more than one occasion. I have seen the growth of each from last year to this year.

Wolke is the best passer, but can't seem to win the big game. I am not impressed with his scrambling. Link is like having another TB, but is just an above average passer. But I think that Edminston is the best overall. He can run it and he can pass it. He has good insight about what needs to be done to win. He stays in control and does not panic.

Which would I want leading my team? Definitely Edminston. He has proven that he can win the big game against quality opponents. Wolke may have the arm, but he doesn't have the guts needed to be a top-notch QB. Link is tough as nails. He makes smart decisions, as does Edminston. But EDminston has the edge. Which one deserves Mr Football? Edminston, even if LC doesn't win it all....Edminston is the total package.

I think ability wise Wolke is the best out of the three. However, decision making wise Edmitson is probably the best. I think Edmitson is a very good runner but an average passer. Link is a good runner but not even average passer. Most of the time he just closes his eyes and tosses it up. Wolke is a good runner and has the strongest arm out of the three but his poor decision making brings him down. Link is probably the most valuable to his team seeing how he is the only weapon on that team.

I don't think Wolke has a stronger arm than Michael..anybody thats thinks Michael is an average passer they are wrong..He can throw the ball all over the field but thats not what he is asked to do in the system he is in...

GOFALCONS!!!!

I haven't seen Link, but saw Wolke on CSS against Riverdale who didn't have a great game that night. With that being said, I could still see that he possessed the tools of a good quarterback. Without seeing them all, it wouldn't be fair for me to pass judgment on who is the best. I do know that Edmiston is a better than average passer when turned loose to pass the football. His receivers are average, and sometimes this can hurt a QBs performance. Edmiston's receivers have improved over the course of the season, which will allow him to throw the ball more times per game, which will make him more visible as a passer. I hear that he is being courted by Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Marshall, MTSU, Memphis, and some others.

My advise to any of these guys being looked at by division I teams, First, decide what you intend to major in when you go to college. If you want to major in the medical field, then MTSU isn't the place to go. Choose a school that fits that profile. If what you wish to major in fits MTSU's profile, then consider that college and so on. Next, narrow it down to the ones that intend to give you a full ride. Use football to get your education, not to try and get to the NFL. This is first and most important. If you perform well during your college career, the NFL will come calling. If not, then you have a "FREE" degree if you received a full ride, and can go out into the real world, and be competitive for the best jobs. Also, you will be prepared after the NFL if you make it. Most athletes make the mistake of just trying to make it to the NFL and major in bowling, or golf (ect.) just to get by... What kind of job do you plan on getting in these fields if you don't make it to the NFL, which is what the initials stand for "NOT FOR LONG"? Keep a network with someone who will guide you in the right direction. You only get one shot at this college thing, so take your time and make the right decisions. Don't take the first scholarship that is put on the table. Research and do your homework on these schools. I wish you all the best! :D

Well, :D I am of course biased here but, I have seen the other two Qb.'s also besides Michael and I must say that Link is an outstanding althete period, and like one of the others said, his future is probably at another skill position, but he played Qb. pretty good in the spring against us in a scrimmage. We have faced Wolke every year since he was a soph. and I don't think that he has a good game against us yet, don't get me wrong he looks like he has all the tools to get it done, but he just hasn't did it against us yet.

Then there's Michael, I think that others have pretty much covered what he brings to the table, which is a lot. But the biggest difference between last year and this year is his decision making, it has been better this year. And he always looks in control when on the field. His running is about second to none, and it has to be respected. He hasn't had to throw the ball very much this year at all, which shows in his stats, so he doesn't have the big numbers like some others, but that's not his fault.

If you seen the Franklin County game, that was a great game passing for Michael, he had 2 throws for Tds. over 50 yards in the air. He has a strong arm. But one of the best things about him is what a great polite and quite kid he is, if you saw him walking around in the mall you would never think he was such a great ballplayer, just an average 6'3" kid. He defintely is a great all around player, Qb., punter, and now kicks off and kicks extra points. Of course having 4.5 speed doesn't hurt either. B)