Lincoln County QB

falconfan94

Guest region4fan

I am glad to hear that Edminston is a quiet good kid. So many kids that have such talent as he possesses are so arrogant. Now I like him even better than I did!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link is a good runner but not even average passer. Most of the time he just closes his eyes and tosses it up. Link is probably the most valuable to his team seeing how he is the only weapon on that team.

I disagree with your assessment. Gallatin has not been in too many passing situations this year. Lassiter does not like to throw and everybody knows Gallatin is a run-oriented team. Link is only 10 for 14 for 179 yrs and 4 tds with one interception. I'd say that is a little better than closing his eyes and tossing the ball in the air. While he is not a Wolke he does possess some passing skills which I am sure we will see here in the next couple of weeks.

As for Gallatin only having Link as threat...go ahead and believe that. He gets most of the headlines but we are far from a one man show. Link has only had 47 carries in 5 games. Someone else might be caring some of the load as well. The offensive line for Gallatin is by far the most underrated component of our team.

I've seen Wolke and I agree he has to do a lot for Smyrna. He looks real raw to me but possesses the skills to be really sound at the next level. He has a terrific arm but needs some patience. Some college coach will help him develop into a good QB.

I've only seen Edmiston in person in the spring. He looked very capable but did not show me anything special. His season stats indicate that he is very good. I'm sure he improved over the summer and the Lincoln Co faithful are reaping those rewards. From the highlights on TV, I'm confident he is everything that he is billed to be. He has too be the front runner for Mr Football.

When the regular season is over we all will have to compare numbers on these 3.

region 4 fan it absolutely amazes me how you can say wolke has no guts! it is so obvious from your post that you have wolke envy that is funny. wolke has been

beat to death this year and he always gets up and plays on when others would fold.

he is still playing with a broken bone in his foot and has not ran the ball up field once in 3 games (for you skeptics)

nothing like people sitting at computers saying players have no guts. i have no problem with some smack talk about teams but when you call out individuals you obviously know nothing about that makes me realize how little stock to place on any of your post

you should be labeled as uniformed biased region 4 fan

i have no problem with some smack talk about teams but when you call out individuals ......

I tend to agree with this. Brag about your team all you want...even brag about individual accomplishments if you wish, but I think knocking an individual player from any team is going a bit far. These are mostly 15-18 year old kids who are doing the best they can. All don't have the same ability, nor the same personality, but none want to be hammered on this site. I admire all these kids who make the sacrifices required to play any high school sport these days. That effort is more than most kids will committ to making.

Let's appreciate our high school athletes, not knock them.

Thanks inot2 bad. I like playing up teams and it is fun to rattle a few cages but when someone says a player "has no guts" that is a cheap shot to a kid. If region 4 could see what I have seen this year with the pain he goes through he would be ashamed to have said that without first hand knowledge.

I have to back up GWAVE1 on the passing game of Link. He's completed like 80% of his passes and 4 or 5 of those went for TDs. His passing numbers are not going to be eye catching because Gallatin gets most of their work done on the ground. Every week Lassiter says they're going to pass a little more and every week they run all over people, so they don't pass.

I haven't seen Edminson in person, but if region4fan and some of the other Blackman/Oakland people think he is the better then I'm willing to take their word for it.

BUT...Edminson doesn't have two 90 plus TD runs on the year does he?

Edited by just1np

Guest region4fan

Well, I'm back. Be sure to Hide all your little sensitive little children cause the big bad wolf is back and I might say something that they might find offensive.

First let me say that if you have a player that is wanting to go to the next level, college, or pros, they better learn to toughen that skin up. Fans are going to say a whole lot worse things than I did about Wolke. Second, if you have a player that has designed his own website to promote himself to a college or for MR Football, be ready to take some lumps if your numbers aren't progressing with your age. Third, if you lose a tough game , be a "man" about it. Don't stay home from school every Monday. Fourth, you mentioned poor decision making...well that happens when someone gets laid out and then panics everytime someone gets near him afterward. Ask Van Horne. Finally, I think that it speaks for itself about that someone doesn't have "guts" that was arrested for sucker punching a former teammate and giving him a concussion just because he talked to the guy's former girlfriend. The kid didn't even see it coming. As far as being informed, trust me I am.You would be VERY surprised at how much information I possess.

Now let me add that the player in question is 18....not 15 or 16. His COURT date is Oct 17th. I do not suffer from Wolke Envy as I have been accused. There is no way that I would want to be him . I agree that he is very talented. He just hasn't grown as much as the other 2 guys mentioned.MAYBE If he would play for the team instead of his own stats for his website, maybe he would earn a little more respect.

Now 82 Cat...you accuse me of being biased. Why is it that the only 2 people on here promoting your QB are both from Smyrna?? Isn't that bias?

Green wave folk.....Link is still awfully amazing. Wouldn't you love to see a game featuring LC and Gallatin?? The battle of the QB's! And why pass when you can run?

Finally, I think that it speaks for itself about that someone doesn't have "guts" that was arrested for sucker punching a former teammate and giving him a concussion just because he talked to the guy's former girlfriend. The kid didn't even see it coming. As far as being informed, trust me I am.You would be VERY surprised at how much information I possess.

Now that's pretty weak! Anybody that would do that is a coward.

Link doesn't own a 40.2 yard per punt average for the year punting or didn't go 7 for 7 kicking extra points, not to mention rushing for 2 TD's and passing for 2 more last week, did he? :D

Your absolutely right LCstatman, he has a 42.7 punting avg, 2 interceptions one for a td, 27 tackles with a 83 yrd fumble return for a td, and has 10 tds on the year. Last week he only had 9 carries for 141 yds and 2 tds and punted twice for over a 50 yrd avg, I guess it was an off week. :D

Your absolutely right LCstatman, he has a 42.7 punting avg, 2 interceptions one for a td, 27 tackles with a 83 yrd fumble return for a td, and has 10 tds on the year. Last week he only had 9 carries for 141 yds and 2 tds and punted twice for over a 50 yrd avg, I guess it was an off week. :D

I guess he sold popcorn at the half too, right? :D He is a great athlete. Remember, we saw him in the spring. I wish him the best the rest of the season. OH, by the way, if he "truly" does have a 42.7 yard per punt average, maybe you need to submit that to the Tennessean, because I don't see him listed in this week's leaders in punting. No, wait, I do see him, and it says he only has 7 TD's and I do not see him listed amongst the punting leaders. Either you or the Tennessean are misinformed. :D

Its the Tenneessean, trust me.

The Tenneesseean doesn't have his punting avg or our runningbacks numbers either. I do not know who is giving those numbers (probably the local guy covering our game every week) but the less they say about us the more other teams have to guess. They are not counting his defensive numbers either.

If he does sell popcorn at halftime...then you better buy a bag...it'll be the best you eat all year :D Check out the Examiner for his stats as well as others from Sumner Co in the Wednesday edition.

Good luck to ya'll and Edminson. He must be very exciting to watch!

Maybe we will see each other somewhere down the road...hummmm :D

Edited by GWAVE1