Grundy County @ Marion County

marion152

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you what is wrong, they lost to a good Marion Co. team. Just because Marion lost to Whitwell does'nt make them bad. Marion is a shoe in for the playoffs, so is Grundy, Maybe the attitude problem is with the fans and filters into these GOOD programs. Everyone should want the same thing and have a positive attitude so these teams can work to get better. Remember everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start support your team and let them get better. Quoting Forrest Gump, That is all I have to say about that."

Del, I don't understand that. How does a team who took apart Page, Seq. Cty, Sequoyah, and Howard lose to somebody like Jasper? After what I saw of Jasper last week, I would have bet the farm on Grundy Co. by 3 TDs.

That is more of a shock to me than the BB/SP game.

Request to all of you: Please don't flame me. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm simply asking about the Grundy/MC game.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone from Whitwell actually said the MC instead of Jasper. Must have been a brain fluff.

What I saw tonight was tremendous effort from the purple and white gang. As I understand it, the whole team was embarassed by their lack of effort against a good Whitwell team last week. Give Whitwell credit, they have a tremendous team and can go a long way if they so choose. The MC players told me they were going to redeem themselves against Grundy County and they did. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MARION COUNTY WARRIORS. ALSO, A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM THE FANS WHO WATCHED AN OLD-FASHION SVC GAME TONIGHT.

To Tim Taylor and his coaching staff a big thank you for your preparation and hard work against a very good Grundy County team. The Marion County faithful need to take a long, hard look at this years team and they will realize this coachig staff does a great job with what they have to work with.

The sun will shine very bright tomorrow after the big win against a very talented Grundy County team.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to Tim at the 4-a jamboree and I asked him what kind of team he had and he told me that they were not very talented but they worked really hard, guys you will probably think I am crazy, but I will take that every year, because every win is special under that situation, because you earned it. That is a leson that a lot of kids are not getting today, and this is one of the major reasons I coach football.

I will tell you what is wrong, they lost to a good Marion Co. team. Just because Marion lost to Whitwell does'nt make them bad. Marion is a shoe in for the playoffs, so is Grundy, Maybe the attitude problem is with the fans and filters into these GOOD programs. Everyone should want the same thing and have a positive attitude so these teams can work to get better. Remember everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start support your team and let them get better. Quoting Forrest Gump, That is all I have to say about that."

Our fan support has been outstanding this year in my opinion. So saying anything against the fans won't fly. The fans don't suit up or coach. Our problems are on the field. I'm not about to say it's the coaches' fault or the players' fault. But I will say it falls somewhere within those two. Something isn't right. There were arguements on the field and other things that just don't bode well.

So the fans have little to do with it.

And for the record I was shocked at the small support from Marion County for their team. Those that were there were loud and proud, but the fact that the bleachers were less than half full on that side....including the band...just didn't look like a Jasper crowd. Where are the Marion fans?

Del.

Our fan support has been outstanding this year in my opinion. So saying anything against the fans won't fly. The fans don't suit up or coach. Our problems are on the field. I'm not about to say it's the coaches' fault or the players' fault. But I will say it falls somewhere within those two. Something isn't right. There were arguements on the field and other things that just don't bode well.

So the fans have little to do with it.

And for the record I was shocked at the small support from Marion County for their team. Those that were there were loud and proud, but the fact that the bleachers were less than half full on that side....including the band...just didn't look like a Jasper crowd. Where are the Marion fans?

Del.

Maybe they were in Smith Co. to soak in the sunshine that was shining at 9:30 at night!!! Well...it sure felt like it was I can tell you that!! Sorry to butt in Del...hope we get to play again....maybe this year....the mafia would give you a warm welcome...then shut the concession stand down at 5pm....flatten your tires...and steal your wallet!! What a night!!!

Fan :D

Is it the players or could it be coaching? Just asking because it was said on here that there was alot of arguing, that is a reflection on coaching. Not trying to start anything just asking. :huh:

The arguing is happening on both levels. Who's at fault? I don't know and I'm not trying to point a finger. I wouldn't claim smart enough to know the answer, but I do know something is wrong.

Again, this is the most talent we've had since our quarterfinal run in 1993. I think we should be 6-1 not 4-3. I'm trying to down the teams we've lost to, but I think we're clearly better than what we've played.

I do know this much. I'm going to quit worring about it at the moment. I'm going fishing. :)

Del.

I don't know what Grundy's problem is this year. They have just been getting outplayed. They have a couple players playing hard and the rest act like they don't care. After there lost to Marion last night I saw some Grundy football players laughing, that is noway to act afer losing to your biggest rival. WAY TO GO MARION WARRIORS!

This game was about who wanted it most. The Warriors forgot all about the Whitwell game for Grundy. I think that they played their best last night. QB Travis Jones played very well last night. The pass worked better for Marion last night which did help and the offensive line stepped it up a huge step. The defense also did a heck of a lot in the victory, and with #88 Tyler Moore making that interception near the end of the game which could have been a scoring drive for the Grundy. Congratulations to the Warriors for pulling it out.

If there are arguments going on where the public or fans can see; this is a major problem. Players don't have to be best buddies, but they have to trust each other and play with one another or you don't have a team.

A coach hopes that his seniors has the leadership to make good decisions and keep things smooth.

The assistant coaches work and handle their position players to this end as well.

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS : THE HEAD COACH HAS THE OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THINGS LIKE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. LIKE IT OR NOT POOP RUNS DOWN HILL AND IT ALL STARTS FROM THE TOP.

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO JUST STEP FORWARD TO TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY AND MOVE ON!!!!!