state champs for 4a

eastTNftball

As usual, this topic almost always turns into a glorified Maryville posting site. I, for one, have grown very tired of their "domination" of class 4-A. I'll be cheering for whoever is playing Maryville.

I know some dipwad Maryville fan will take offense to my post, so go ahead and give me your negative comments.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen very little of Maryville or Hillsboro, its hard to speak for them. However, having played against Melrose this year, it will be a shocker if they dont make it to state. If Maryville can make it there, they will play Melrose for the championship. If I wasn't so broke I would place a lot of money on this prediction. I say Melrose should come out on top. BTW Heffner is the real deal. Strong arm and very elusive with two great targets in Miami recruits Carlous Armour and Corey Kizer. They also have a very stingy defense.

Edited by brothers15

Yes PEARL did beat us and a weak MT. JULIET team, but they then lost to CENTENNIAL, HUNTERS LANE, AND STRATFORD, AND PROBABLY TO NORTHWEST AFTER TONIGHT. SO THEY ARE OUT. If melrose makes it they will beat Maryville because we have played them and Maryville cannot handle a team that quick on the line and still that powerful.However, i still believe it will be us(HILLSBORO) and Maryville. this year will be just as good as the past two years, but with a different outcome. I GUARANTEE IT.

Yes PEARL did beat us and a weak MT. JULIET team, but they then lost to CENTENNIAL, HUNTERS LANE, AND STRATFORD, AND PROBABLY TO NORTHWEST AFTER TONIGHT. SO THEY ARE OUT. If melrose makes it they will beat Maryville because we have played them and Maryville cannot handle a team that quick on the line and still that powerful.However, i still believe it will be us(HILLSBORO) and Maryville. this year will be just as good as the past two years, but with a different outcome. I GUARANTEE IT.

You are way ahead of yourself picking who is going to be there, much less who the winner will be. At Maryville we know we have a lot of games to play before even thinking about Murfreesboro.

• 2 weeks later...

So Fine, dont come on a thread about championship teams if you don't want to hear about the Maryville squad. Maybe you're just jealous because you dont have a winning team to call your own, or maybe you're another bandwagon fan with no idea about sports except who is winning? Whatever you may be going through, you've got to accept the fact that Maryville is now and will be a great team through the years to come. And, seein as how you were hopin for a negative message, shut up you ignorant.......I'll choose not to finish that statement, maybe you can read between the lines.

My prediction: Maryville vs. Melrose

Final: Maryville 21 over Melrose 17

mhs Posted on Oct 10 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (vc @ Oct 10 - 11:51 AM)

You are way ahead of yourself picking who is going to be there, much less who the winner will be. At Maryville we know we have a lot of games to play before even thinking about Murfreesboro.

Cleveland? please!!! I know that we still have alot of games to play too. Ifeel we'll be ready because we've gotta play more talented and deserving oppenents. Maryville will probably have it easy the first two rounds. We will have Northwest, Startford, or Pearl for the first two rounds. The nit mightbe hillwood or shelbyville and then Melrode or Memphis East. At least yall get to stay in East Tennessee. Also we will have a more fresh team playing this year. Last year, the whole offense started on deffense except for one. This two differnt lines and backs. Then not to mention the six D1 prospects on both sides of the ball. Itll be a good game, maybe closer than expected, but I still feel we shuldn't be counted out for Melrose Pearl Memphis East or Stratford.

whats "cleveland please" suppose to mean? you are middle tennessee, dont act like you know east, other than maryville. im not gonna say they will win state, but they are clicking right now on offense, and their defense has been their all year. maryville is still the team to beat, and they are gonna be tough, if there was a year that cleveland even had a chance against them, its this year.