does anyone know cloudland jelico score

dewswar

If Geronimo had of pulled his warriors out before the battle was over, Custer may still be here today...If Santa Anna had of left the Alamo before all were dead.. Davy Crockett may still be around.. If Cloudland called off the dogs and won by only a few points would it ba a big difference when it comes to the play-offs. Whether the score is 79-0 or 13-12... a W is a W and a L is a L.... Nobody has a problem when College team like Okl, NEB.etc win big. A player does not ever want to come out of a game..no matter what the score is.. Jellico hamered a few teams up here two years ago.. some 50-0 at the half... so paybacks are paybacks. Senior Players that play for Cloudland must play in second halves to build up for the big games ahead. If you only play a few minutes a game,, When Your needed to play the entire game on both offense and defense you may become tired quickly if you have sit on the bench most of the other games. These Seniors that have worked hard for four years deserve reconizition throughout the state and the only way Nashville, Memphis or TSSAA officials pay attention is the beat teams big. 79-0 makes more noise that 32-6.. Byrd started as a Freshman, has played hard in every sport for three years and I think he deserves to be Mr. Football in Tennessee. Nobody remembers the runner up.. Who lost the World Series or the NCAA championship last year or two year ago.??? But Archie Griffin won two Heisman Trophies, and people like Sam Rodgers, Sonny Smith and Grady Hill names are still heard every game I attend a game in this county..One more thing If you think 79-0 was a bad score Wait till this week when Cloudland beats Cosby by 99.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no love lost for Happy Valley, but I have to take up for HVwarrior58. His posts have always been tasteful and he hasn't bashed anyone either. He actually has stood up for cloudland on several topics. This is an open forum, he is just presenting an opinion. Now for my opinion....You can't fault the landers for wanting to score, fresh., soph., like to see their name in the paper. But according to the STAR, The starters played the whole first half, 52 -0 at the half. Maybe they should have come out sooner. As far as preparing for playoffs, it sounds like they could have prepared better in practice against their JV. No offense to Jellico, they have a very young team. But I wasn't there, just going by what I read. When Hampton had their run with some very strong teams, I saw JC Campbell pulling his starters in the second quarter of some games.

HVwarrior58, should be a slobberknocker when you guys come to Hampton.

Does the Star put out two different papers? The one I read said the starters were pulled midway through the second quarter and any scoring past that point was by the JV's. Cloudland has nothing to apologize for. I doubt that any of us on this thread played or coached in this game and I am sure everything done in this game was by the rules and with no evil intent.

This stuff about what goes around comes around is true. Cloudland has been on the short end of some pretty hefty scores in the past and will be again (81-0 in 1969). This was a far superior team playing Friday night.

Bubba and Floor General,i really dont care what happened all the way back in 2000.guess what,i was a freshman,and i didnt even go to hv that year,i went to maryville that year,even though that was the only year.how many times do i have to tell u absent minded idiots,no im not talkin to all cloudland fans,jus the ones that that continuously bring up hvs scheduling,if it was up to the players we would play cloudland.it is not though,the coaches make the schedules.how could we schedule u anyways?we have 10 games,6 are conference,3 of the other 4(ehs,johnson county,and unicoi) are rivalries,us droppin one of them would be the same as when we dropped u,we dont want to make that mistake again,i suppose.the tenth game is north greene.this game woulda went to cloudland this year,but they didnt want to give us a home game.true we played north greene away,but there is a big difference between north greene and cloudland and cloudland already had a week 0 game.y do u always bring up 2000 anyways?i never hear anythin about pre 1999 when u talk about hv against cloudland.id love to play cloudland,but its not my choice.how many chances do i get to play against division 1 prospects?about once this year,except for maybe in the playoffs.that one chance was against cumberland gap,and it was nice,because i put the prospect on his back twice,i liked it.

Warrior58, I covered you all last year and I always and still think the most of all you boys down on Warrior Hill. You all treated me well and I'm happy for the season you are having. Some people take some comments badly, but I've seen your posts and they are all opinionated and good which is what this site needs. Congrats on your win Friday night and good luck this week. It will be a real barnburner.

I said two weeks ago I was gonna quit posting for awhile and just read things. I guess I better quit now before I get addicted. LOL.

I have no love lost for Happy Valley, but I have to take up for HVwarrior58. His posts have always been tasteful and he hasn't bashed anyone either. He actually has stood up for cloudland on several topics. This is an open forum, he is just presenting an opinion. Now for my opinion....You can't fault the landers for wanting to score, fresh., soph., like to see their name in the paper. But according to the STAR, The starters played the whole first half, 52 -0 at the half. Maybe they should have come out sooner. As far as preparing for playoffs, it sounds like they could have prepared better in practice against their JV. No offense to Jellico, they have a very young team. But I wasn't there, just going by what I read. When Hampton had their run with some very strong teams, I saw JC Campbell pulling his starters in the second quarter of some games.

HVwarrior58, should be a slobberknocker when you guys come to Hampton.

Does the Star put out two different papers? The one I read said the starters were pulled midway through the second quarter and any scoring past that point was by the JV's. Cloudland has nothing to apologize for. I doubt that any of us on this thread played or coached in this game and I am sure everything done in this game was by the rules and with no evil intent.

This stuff about what goes around comes around is true. Cloudland has been on the short end of some pretty hefty scores in the past and will be again (81-0 in 1969). This was a far superior team playing Friday night.

I admit I was looking at the box-score when I was making my post, Wes said the starters were pulled in the second quarter. Sorry about that. Calm down RBC, too many knee-jerk reactions from you guys. If the starters came out, and there was super-conservative play-calling, maybe it couldn't be helped. 79-0 just looks bad. Will probably see more of the same against cosby. Its to cloudland's disadvantage to be in that conference, because they don't really see a high-quality team until the play-offs. Not throwing off on the other teams, they're just going through some lean times. I would have liked to have seen cloudland and k-cath, or g-pitt play. Those virginia teams are turning out to be all hype. Hampton may have given them a good game if it had been played later in the season. maybe next year.

hvwarrior58...the reason that the 2000 season keeps being brought up is b/c that is the last time that we have played hv....we aren't absent minded....you are just easily annoyed.....and i'm sorry if you get offended by that....if you do...take it up with the coaches and tell them to schedule a scrimage....it's not that hard.....

It's like Bill Meade said on WJCW-910, Cloudland is the best District 1-4A team in the area. LOL. Okay enough posting.

I wish we could play all of the 4A teams in district 1 and stay in a 1A classification this year. Well I don't know, we'd still get a bad rap on the schedule considering how weak those teams are this year.